12/17/08

Thrifted Christmas Yummies!

Truly, yesterday, despite all its cold and snow, was just a great day for finding treasures. Here is a smattering of some of the finds, the less Christmas-y ones will follow in the new year.

A set of little plastic houses that have holes in the back for tree lights, I assume? Notice Callie-The-Cat in the background.
















Another shot of the little houses.











This is a red pedestal glass dish for Christmas Treats! It's a little scratched up, but that just adds character for me.







Frosty the Snowman, warming himself by the fire. I don't collect snowmen as I once did, but this little guy has such a great expression, I had to scoop him up!







A little plastic Nativity. One cannot have too many of these set in little spots around the house.







Yes. I bought another. I may need some therapy about these.















And these little clear deer are just too sweet and small enough to add to the decor that is already up.

2 comments:

The Queen of Fifty Cents said...

Great finds, though someone might want to warn your snowman about the problems he might have with warming himself at a fire!

Sue said...

A girl can never have too many nativities! Especially those delightful ones from Shiny Brite - until I skulked about on eBay, I never knew there were so many varieties of the small nativities from my childhood. When my collection grew too large (and not cat-proof), I took the larger and more breakable sets (well, some small ones, too!) to church and set up in a large glass-enclosed display case. One little boy from our preschool excitedly said to his teacher, "Miss Dawn, there are THIRTY-FIVE baby Jesuses in there!" Buy another one, on me!!