1/20/09

The Making Of The Soup

Wild Rice Soup!



Cut a pound of Bacon into pieces (kitchen shears make fast work of this little step) and fry until good and crispy~drain on paper towels



Chop Onion, Carrot, Celery and Green Pepper and saute until soft in a few tablespoons of the Bacon Drippings or a bit of Olive Oil...trust me and choose the Bacon Drippings











Add a can of drained Mushrooms, 2 cans Cream Of Mushroom Soup, 4 cups Chicken Broth, a cup of Milk and a package of Wild Rice Mixture (uncle ben's, rice a roni, it really doesn't matter...)

Stir well and simmer on low for at least an hour (but I have been known to simmer it all afternoon and its still fabulous) and Voila! Supper is served...a nice green salad and some good bread round out the meal that is one of our family's favorites

And here ends the tutorial that has my family shaking their heads as I took photos while making our supper.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Okay, I am going to try the soup! I wouldn't have even tried had the pictures not been there! Thanks!