1/28/09

Shelter Magazines


I am truly, truly saddened about so many of the 'shelter magazines' closing up shop. One of my all time favorite magazines Mary Engelbreit's Home Companion finished out the year with their Dec/Jan issue being their last. Such inspiring photos, articles...I never subscribed to it because each month I would anticipate seeing it on the magazine rack in the store and I could grab the third or fourth copy in. Never the first copy, because someone might have looked in it and I wanted to open it fresh!

Yes. I do have issues.

And then seeing Country Home will be shutting down production after their March issue...deep sigh

These are the magazines that help inspire me to dream big dreams. All I can hope is that if they can bring back Victoria, these others still have a shot at coming back again someday.

6 comments:

Saucy said...

I don't really love the "new" Victoria but I still have all of my old back issues... Country Living is one of my faves.

Anonymous said...

Now I am crying! I loved Cottage Living! It too has met it's doom! Your blog rocks sister! I have been so preoccuped on facebook I don't go anywhere else!

Audra said...

I have been a subscriber since I saw the first Cottage Living magazine beckoning me from across the aisle!

An almost magical experience ensued as I flipped through those pages. Captivated I sent off my reply card and for the past three years have been thrilled and inspired by this magazine.

It's with a sad heart that I will read the final installment of this wonderful magazine. btw...I too, grab the third or fourth magazine when purchasing new magazines for the first time.

Anonymous said...

Come on you guys! We have time! Let's start our own magazine!

Anonymous said...

I'm so disappointed that some of my favorite magazines are no more. I was ready to start a new subscription & discovered Cottage Living was gone! Just like that? It must be a mistake?

Honestly, I like to change which magazines I subscribe to each year to get a new prospective. Now, I'm limited to a handful of choices.

lovelylissie said...

I also pick the magazine and even book that is at least 3rd or 4th back. This way no one has opened it before you and you get to be first. I think I picked up this little habit from my mother. So issues or not, you are not alone!