1/29/09

Snake Eyes

Ok, have you heard of this before? I had not until I found The Thrifty Chicks and Shopping Golightly talking about Snake Eyes
Click Here

You simply HAVE to try this technique because it works!

I used it the other day when Bud and I went to Goodwill looking for a new (to us) toy for him since he had been so patient at the first Goodwill and didn't find a treasure worth taking home.

So we walk into the other Goodwill and I march (still lady-like, always lady-like) over to the toy bin. And BAM! Out comes the huge bag of Weebles! I reach into another area of the toy bin and BAM! Out comes the Learn Thru Music player! I narrowed my eyes and below it were all the learn thru music cartridges...BAM! BAM! BAM! BAM! BAM! And then finally I walked to the other bin and lifted up the giant teddy bears and BAM! There was the Thomas the Train toys.

I haven't tried Snake Eyes yet for my other treasure thrifting yet, just the toys, that day with Bud.

It almost seems unfair to other thrifters to use this technique too often...like they are wanting the same stuff I am, HA!

7 comments:

Cindy said...

Way to go! I can't wait to go try out Snake Eyes!!!

Shopping Golightly said...

Hi Sonya,

I wrote this for a friend who's having a hard time believing in Snake Eyes. Sing to "I'm A Believer"

I thought luck was only found in retail sales
Grabbed by someone else but not by me.
Naught was all that’s for me
That's the way it seemed.
Disappointment haunted all my schemes.

Then I saw his face [Dustin Hoffman's Snake Eyes], now I'm a believer
Not a trace of doubt in my mind.
I'm in luck, I'm a believer!
Eyes can’t cheat me if they tried.

I thought luck was more or less a purchased thing,
The more I bought and bought the less I got.
What's the use in tryin'?
All you get is pain.
All my efforts ended in financial drain.

Then I saw his face, now I'm a believer
Not a trace of doubt in my mind.
I'm in luck, I'm a believer!
Eyes can’t cheat me if they tried.

Sing it now!

I BE-LIEVE!
I BE-LIEVE!

Linda Crispell said...

I was born with snake eyes.

Anonymous said...

I should have shared this with you LOOOOONG ago! Snake Eyes have always worked. They are limitless in what you can do with them!

Sonya Dime Store Thrift said...

It truly works! Shopping Golightly, your song is PERFECT! Copies for all thrifters to hum along with while shopping.
Sonya

kimzqt said...

I believe in the mystical power of Snake Eyes. It was those very snake eyes that caught the first article I ever read about Thrify Chicks. I am a faithful reader , thrifter and environista! Thanks for sharing and I'm interested to hear about places to go in the Seattle/Puget Sound area.

Missa said...

Oh, I am so trying this Snake Eyes business!