2/6/09

Thursday Thrifting











Yesterday was a treat: Most everything thrifted was educational. You just HAVE to enjoy a theme thrift. I love these Carl books! I don't care how old I get or that the children are going to hit the point that they really don't look at picture books...Carl is simply the best dog ever. And I am not a dog person. But I would so take Carl, as my dog or to be my babysitter because he seems like a really, really good one. Alexandra Day is one of the most talented children's author/illustrators around and if you come across her books, thrifted or not, purchase them. This one, which we did not have in our collection, set me back a mere 50 cents at Goodwill.















Whitman books! Color books! Shape books! Counting Penny books! All these make me squirmy and happy













Ahhhh...Whitman, we meet again. A box of Rainy Day activities from 1980. 29 years ago, goodness, I am getting old! This was filled with awesome unused masks, lacing cards, heavy cardboard pop out finger puppets...
















Look at the owl mask, it was simply meant to find me. It'll be fun to use with Bud.














And finally, a geography workbook for Lu to enjoy over the summer...these little workbooks are rawther spendy, I was quite pleased to come across it.

3 comments:

Shane said...

NOT a dog person??? Come now, Karl AND Henry...I love that you ended your thrift day with a theme. I had one of those days too...but it was at the grocery store! I realized my cart was full of sugary things! Ahhhh...themes...

Jane said...

I could not agree more about Carl. I have many Carl books- all thrifted and they are each a treasure!

Missa said...

Nice, theme thrifts are the best!