4/27/09

Must...Glitter...More...Deer...

Yes, this is pretty much what does it for me. Finding more little plastic deer to cover in glue and then bathe in glitter. I am always tickled to see old Christmas items showing up at Goodwill this time of year, keep your eyes open for them.

Were these deer actually used at Christmastime or were they used for some other type of display?


And then we have a little plastic shelf sitting snowman that just begged to come home with me after he saw me pick up the 2 deer. Fine, if I must.

6 comments:

Michele said...

OMG, I had that same little snowman stocking hanger. I bet he's still in my boxes somewhere! You're so lucky to find deer, my Goodwill never has anything good like that!

Hugz,
Michele

Thrifted Treasure said...

Those deer look like Bambi and his Mum!!!

Kathie said...

I hope you show the finished deer with all the glitter! :-)

megan said...

Great idea with the deer. Would you mind sharing what type of glue and glitter you use. I'd love to do a project like that. Thanks!

Sonya said...

Hi Ladies, thanks for the comments! Megan, I use anything from Martha's glitter glue to Elmers, it is all about the same. And for glitter, I am all over the board...for really fine glitter, I do like the MS line. For other coarse textures, I use anything and everything I can get my hands on:) Hope that helps and let me know if you glitter anything so I can see it!

megan said...

Thanks Sonya...I just might glitter something if I get around to it. Sounds like fun. I'll be keeping an eye on your blog to see if you post a picture of your finished deer. Thanks for the advice!