5/24/09

A Lazy Sunday In Italy

I found this at Goodwill for $2.50 and snatched it up. I LOVED it. It is reminiscent of the wonderful Betsy-Tacy book Betsy And The Great World and the time she spent in Venice, Italy. Anything that reminds me of Maud Hart Lovelace and any scenes typical of her idyllic life have a way of finding space in our home.

Not sure if it is working in the entryway or not. Hubby says Not. So it may be making it's way to one of the craft room walls or my computer area.







11 comments:

Frugalchick said...

I love it! What a steal.

Eve said...

I love shopping for art at thrift stores! They really have some good stuff!

Hannah said...

My opinion on this might be quite odd but I actually really like how big the ring is that you hang on the wall, it's a great frame. The picture is of course lovely too!

Thrifted Treasure said...

Gorgeous! I think it looks lovely in the hallway.

The Queen of Clearance said...

great Item! I like it alot!

elena-lu said...

cool what a newat find!!

Jennifer Paganelli said...

this has got to be the most resourceful place on earth...makes me so happy!!

The Elegant Thrifter said...

I love it. Has hubby had his eyes checked recently??

one gal's trash said...

I'm sure your husband is a very nice man but he is just so wrong about the Venice painting. It looks perfect there. The only thing I ever find at the Sal Army for $2.50 is Tupperware stained with spaghetti sauce. Well done!
Pam

grunge-queen said...

Love it, am so envious ....

Pink Menace said...

Jeal - LOVE.