5/15/09

Owls, Oils Lamps and Decor

Oh My!

Here are just some of the items I was squealing about yesterday:


A tiny little set that makes me think of a farming village at Christmastime...


A tin container for holding good things...look at those colors!


A little couple out caroling, caroling through the snow...They are both 'Japan Christmas Novelties'


A wooden bird cage! I am thinking this is going to get a coat of paint, some glitter and will become a Cardinal container for Christmas





A set of 2 owls! The backing on them reminds me of styrofoam. They will make their debut this fall around Halloween. Won't Hubby be surprised?


The colors in this glass jar are just gorgeous...


And it has it's original lid!


I couldn't walk past it. I just couldn't. A chicken in every pot and an oil lamp in every room.


And then thinking ahead to Thanksgiving...


Yes, yes they are. Gurley Novelty Candles!


The cutest little bunny candle for next Easter...


And some books...this lady is so interesting! I am eager to read about her as well as the beginning of the Montessori program.


Ahhh, my Little Golden Books...I have big, BIG glittery plans for this book, that you will see soon. Eloise Wilkin is one of my very favorite illustrators! Whenever I see her work I get a warm memory of childhood.


And 2 more for the Little Golden collection. Obsession?





And a set of 3 summer-y plastic glasses...they remind me of vintage, but I am not sure if they actually are or not.

The other finds are going to be used as Christmas gifts so you will not get to see those until next January...

6 comments:

Kathie @ my net finds said...

you find such great stuff!!

The Queen of Clearance said...

Lots of fun stuff there! Makes me want to go shopping!

Karla said...

Wow - that sure is a haul. I love the tin. I recently picked up a tray of the same style with a similar pattern... love it!

svelteSTUFF said...

...hmmm... what are those 5-leaf plants on the glasses?!!

Looks like you scored for ever Holiday! GREAT stuff!!

The Elegant Thrifter said...

Goodness...I'm going to have to thrift my mom and dad's basement!! With the exception of the botanical glasses and the beaded-shade lamps, I think I know where to find a couple of owl wall decor examples and Thanksgiving candles!

elena-lu said...

loads of great finds! the tin is my fave it really is so lovley!