5/25/09

Dollar Tree Purchase Update


So...a few weeks back I made some purchases at Dollar Tree and have finally come to the conclusion on some of them:

--The batteries worked pretty well, no complaints, would get those again...

--The dishwashing detergent also worked well and I would be fine grabbing some more in a pinch...

--The cleaning products worked nicely and were just as good as what I have used in the past that were brand name...

--Lu ended up wearing the hat that I picked up for Bud and I am pretty sure she is still wearing the hat as I type this. It was rawther cute on her!

--The Spider Man swim goggles were a nightmare. Total waste of 2 dollars...

--I like the smell of Gain laundry detergent better than the stuff I bought, but I would purchase that other stuff again if I was pinched for cash...

--The deodorant worked good, no complaints from anyone regarding any odd scents, anyway...

---The baby shampoo is fine BUT I am still liking the way Baby Magic smells better on Bud, so probably wouldn't get that again.

Hope this helps if you are heading off to Dollar Tree anytime soon!

3 comments:

klynch said...

I with you on this these things will do in a pinch but perfer the store brands than the dollar brands

Goodwill Haunting said...

I just stumbled onto your post and blog! I do shop at the Dollar Tree on occasion, but my "dime store" of choice is the 99-Cent Store. I buy cleaning supplies, batteries, plastic containers, pens, calendars, etc. and luv it! I always go there first before I go to the "regular" stores. Totally the best buy at the 99-Cent store: Laura Scudders bread! Loafs sell for $2.50+ in the markets, but I get it for $0.99. But you do have to be careful about what you can get at these $1 stores ... yeah, the goggles probably not a great buy. But I'm a loyal customer!

Comeca Jones said...

I love the dollar store I get all my wine glasses there for this reason I am a klutz its a great way for me to keep them in the house lol (I break them all the time)And as for the batteries they burn out a lil to fast for me glad you had an ok run with yours.