6/17/09

Well, This Is Just Weird


Do you remember a while back I was mentioning getting a little trolley-like cart to take with us when we walk over to the grocery store??

FOUND ONE!



And it was sort of odd how it was found...well, to me, anyway.

Lu, Bud and I were running errands and I mentioned a thrift store over on Floyd Blvd that I hadn't been to in months. I practically had to bribe them to go. No way, no how did they want to do any shopping, let alone thrifting where I tend to get distracted easily and precious summer playtime could slip away. Nonetheless, I was driving, I was stopping.

Imagine my surprise to see that they were having a store closing sale! Tomorrow is their last day! I am so glad we stopped in one last time.

And when I walked around one of the corners, there stood my little cart.

50% off. Which made it a whopping $2.50! I was so excited! You know how I get...

So even though I am so sorry to see the store closing, it ended on a happy note.

I found a few other things before the kids were completely exasperated with me...A FAB lamp for $1.50


3 metal boxes. I love metal boxes! I don't know what I am going to do with them yet, but it will be something very, very cool. 10 cents, 25 cents, 25 cents.


Old Current (Currant?) coasters from 1990. I can't believe that was 19 years ago. Geez, getting old here...for 5 cents.

And a set of 4 quaint little deer. 25 cents for all 4.

5 comments:

Thrifted Treasure said...

Great finds!! Isn't it so exciting when you find exactly what you've been looking for? Especially at that price! and I am very jealous of those lovely metal boxes!

Kathie @ my net finds said...

I wish thrift stores in my area had good deals like that! I love those little deer :-)

Kathie @ my net finds said...

the cart is awesome!!!

Brian W. said...

Love the deer! And the grocery tote is a steal: you just have to let the universe know what you want, and it'll usually send right to ya. I'm not talking about THE SECRET, but I do think thrifting is all about shopping karma and you obviously got the good stuff.

elena-lu said...

dude thats awesome! congrats on finding that cart!