7/27/09

Christmas Puttering

Lucky for us (using my sarcasm font) our water heater started leaking the day before we were to go on vacation! And we had to have a plumber AND an electrician come visit because we knew that when we were ready to purchase another water heater, we needed it installed in the laundry room instead of the furnace room! How exciting! Spending all that money! Unexpectedly! Hurray! And right before vacation!

In reality, I am so very, very grateful that it didn't start leaking while we were gone...we truly were lucky to have been home to deal with the cleanup.

One of the best parts about all this cleaning that I've (we've) been doing, is that it sort of kicks the decluttering into high gear as well. I don't want to stick just anything back into my pristine areas!

And it opened up some space to get some clutter at least organized. I have a few different areas in the furnace/storage room. You won't be seeing pictures of this area so I am just going to need you to use your imagination...

I have some Rubbermaids in one area that is simply set aside for Children's Closet. Then there is an area for Christmas items that go to the Booth, an area for Autumn and Halloween decor that will go to the Booth and finally an area that is just for regular decor that will go to the Booth. As any thrifter knows, finding areas to store things can be a problem.

So while I was grouping together some Christmas-y items, I found 2 boxes of things labeled Christmas Treasures. And they were! Different pieces of holiday goodies that I oohed and ahhed over and then set up on the desk like I was a young child playing with treasured toys. I love me some Christmas treasures!

8 comments:

glenda said...

Can't get enuf Christmas stuff...
Hate the idea your hot water unit broke, that is always such a mess.

The Queen of Clearance said...

its like the month of hot water heaters being mean. lol. I have read at least 5 post this month about peoples water heaters being mean to them. Im sorry yours was messing up as well, but as least like you said it didnt happen while you were on vacation, and you caught it before you left! I love christmas and all of these christmas things are making me wish it was December not july!

Anonymous said...

I think we will be having a "Christmas in July," day sometime this week and pull out some movies and music and make ornaments...it's never too early to start those projects! Our big screen went out so I'm in the process of finding someone to come out and look at it. Our water heater went out last year and we took the opportunity to get a bigger one, especially since C loves long showers now:)

MG

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Thanks so much for stopping by, leaving a comment, AND entering my Giveaway! :) I love love love Christmas, and you definitely do have some treasures there! :)

Frippery said...

So sparkly and fun! I keep telling hubs we should look into replacing ours before it goes. Thank goodness you were still home.

Thrifted Treasure said...

So bright and gorgeous and colourful! And Christmassy!

Sharleen said...

I am loving your blog - hope to get going myself soon - if anyone can tell me how to connect to my website I would be most appreciative. I suppose I know enough people I can ask...I currently have typepad but may change to blogspot because the ones I see most are through blogspot. Dimestorethrift - I need you to shop for my shop (you are a great shopper)...but I see you are a bit busy with kids, water heaters, gardening and all...was a fun thought however. Thanks for all the good pics and mentions of Luticia Clementine's - We are gearing for Christmas but not before our annual Santa-Cali-Gon days (Santa Fe, California, Oregon Trail) for those outside Independence. Brings around 250,000 each year. I have rented the space in front of my shop this year and am a bit apprehensive. Before this, I have had a huge hotdog "building" you couldn't see thru so not so much traffic. Could use a boatload of help - am working on that. Hours are Thurs thru Mon (Labor Day) beginning at 10 am and closing at 11 each evening and ends about 4 on Labor Day. I'm tired already. (Thinking Christmas in the midst of all this).

Anonymous said...

I love pictures like this. Ones I can sit and study and continue to find something new and interesting. I'm a person who gets the magnifying glass out to study pics of other peoples' bookcases and crammed shelves etc. It's like thrift shopping without spending money or leaving the armchair.