8/11/09

10 Days In A Couple Pictures...

The moon was so full and gorgeous...my photo didn't turn out anything like how it was, but it's a good memory shot.

Coffee on the deck? Every. Single. Morning.

The water was so refreshing and clean. I took a bit of time to practice my minnow catching skills for the kids. Have you let minnows nibble on your toes before?


The lake was calm and the weather sunny...except for Hubby's first day of vacation with us! Then it was very fall like and wavy. But it cleared up after a day or so.

I spent a silly amount of time reclining, watching the kids splash and gazing up into the tree above.

And we gave the fireplace a good workout nightly...last night we roasted hot dogs and they might have been one of the most delicious things ever eaten. With marshmallows for dessert. Mmmmmmmm.


It has been a wonderful summer! How quickly it passed...And now we are ready to begin the school year refreshed and renewed.

7 comments:

Kathie @ my net finds said...

gorgeous pictures!

and you were missed!!!

p.s. the minnow thing made me think of the fish pedicure treatment that was the rage this summer (and I think has since been banned...). I'm not making it up: http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/07/21/national/main4279160.shtml

The Queen of Clearance said...

it looks so pretty there! So lucky to have that down time to relax!

Vonlipi said...

That looks like a terrific vacation! Great views!

Frippery said...

Beautiful!

Franny said...

How relaxing for you... "A vacation is having nothing to do, and all day to do it in." ~Robert Orben

Missa said...

Oh my, this looks heavenly!

p.s. Yes, I have indeed let minnows nibble on my toes. It kinda tickles.

Kari D. said...

What lake in Minnesota? My in-laws live in Cass Lake. We don't get there as often as we used to, now live 2000 miles away in Arizona. I miss the lake air, I always sleep better there.