8/31/09

All Wrapped Up

A portion of the weekend was spent at Memory Lane putting wrapping paper on the walls of my booth.

Yes, you read that right.

I put wrapping paper on the walls of my booth.

Let's have a little back-story here, shall we?

So many of the booths I love looking at are almost like their own little shops...decorated to a shiny tip before anything is even in the booth! While we were in Missouri over the summer at a flea market, I took a photo of this decorated 'shop'...




The photo is not doing it a bit of justice, but the one thing about this shop that just made it POP for me was the sheer fabric with icicle Christmas lights behind it. Yes, I actually looked behind the fabric to see how it all was pulled together. It was so beautifully done! Who knew?

I was eager to try that in my booth at Memory Lane. Until I realized I didn't have electricity coming to my booth. And the fabric I wanted at Hobby Lobby was $21 a yard. Not knowing all that much about sewing, I had the nice lady show me how big a yard was...and then I realized how many yards I was going to need to do the walls of my booth...and again, there was no electricity in my booth to do what I was originally wanting to do but even if I did it without lights, I cannot afford $21 a yard...yes, I could thrift some fabric but when I get a wild hair, I typically need to go with it quickly before my brain explodes...Hmmmmm...I needed to go on to plan B.

It took a moment to see that the fabric I was favoring looked like wrapping paper I would love to use at Christmas.

And I have some huge rolls of wrapping paper from last year that I picked up for about $2 a roll from Hobby Lobby during the after Christmas sales.

So I headed on home to check out my Christmas stash.

And the next morning proceeded to cover the walls at my booth in Christmas-y wrapping paper...



I think for $2 and an hour of my time, it was well beyond worth it. What do you think? For that price I can afford to change it out often.

8 comments:

Kathie @ my net finds said...

it's cute! :-)

svelteSTUFF said...

PERFECT! How did you put it up? (tape? wallpaper glue? staples?)

Dime Store Thrift said...

Isn't that a quick fix?! I was going to use tape and then decided to staple it up and tape together any gaps going down from where the two papers met...

The Queen of Clearance said...

It looks super cute! Great job and very thrifty! We did the christmas ight behid fabric at my wedding reception. it was very pretty, but if you dont have the electricity to do it then you dont have the electricity right?! good problem solving skills! lol.

Missa said...

It looks wonderful and reminiscent of vintage wallpaper which I love!

Better After said...

Hi there! I was just hopping around blogland and landed here! Thought I'd say hi!

The Elegant Thrifter said...

Love it! And the paper is perfect. Stan

SellingVintage said...

Oh gurl, that is the cutest! I have been having major angst over my own booth. Thanks for the bit of inspiration.