8/25/09

Back To School Means...


More time to thrift than I have had in MONTHS!

The kids are great thrifters. Truly, they are. But when I have the moment to go it alone, ooh la LA! When I have the kids with, usually I scan a shelf, do a head count and make sure they are both with me...look at a section of books and do another head count...scan another shelf and say no to a toy we already have...

You know how it goes.

But ohhhh, to have an hour or two to really do some digging!

These 3 books were found at the Bargain Center. And yes, there was a loud squeal from the floor where I was digging through a pile of children's books. They aren't pristine, so will be used for some glittered altered Christmas art!

Do you ever get down on the floor to dig through piles?

7 comments:

Frippery said...

Digging is the best! Ohhh...great books!

svelteSTUFF said...

Is there any other way??

Michele said...

I'm a digger and proud of it!!! That's usually where my kids can find me...on the floor at a thrift store. My problem is getting up from the floor...sheesh, I'm old!

Hugz,
Michele

Together We Save said...

Wow - how could you not dig when there are finds like these out there.

The Queen of Clearance said...

DO YOU EVER GET ON THE FLOOR TO DIG THROUGH A PILE!? do you know who you are asking that question too? Of course I have. lol. waaaaay too many times!

The Elegant Thrifter said...

Uh...duh...I've dug through the skeeviest boxes ever. Wish I'd had rubber gloves at times. I have never dumpster dived. I always say I'd have to do it on a step stool with a 10-foot pole! Oh and the rubber gloves, too!

Thrifted Treasure said...

I love digging when I don't have the kids with me, definitely find the best stuff that way!! Love the christmas books!