8/26/09

Glittering

While Bud was playing for *2* hours with a huge box of wooden beads, I took some time to start cleaning out the craft area. Again. As all crafters know, it is not something you do and it will be done forever. Well, not I anyway!

After going through some things and getting items marked for The Booth at Memory Lane, I spotted a project I have been walking around for at least 4 months, if not longer. This was an old mirror that was framed. But the mirror broke and I was just left with the frame. I held on to it all this time with this little idea floating around in my head inspired by Jennifer at Sis Boom: I am going to glitter it!
So I put a nice thick coat of glue on...

And then shook, shook, shook some coarse silver glitter over the glue. I am planning on doing this in stages just because I want it to be nice and thick. So it is drying right now down in the craft room and I'll keep at as I am down there doing this and that...
My vision is to have it hanging on the wall this holiday season with a piece of the kids' artwork in the center.

3 comments:

michelle said...

Love your glitter! If I stand still long enough you just might glitter me! Love the new picture at the top! Rocking!
Love ya,
Michelle

The Queen of Clearance said...

it is made of green glass or does it just look that way? lol. I think im just nuts over green glass. This is a great idea!

The Elegant Thrifter said...

Gorgeous....or why not hang it with nothing inside at all.? It's going to be so gorgeous when you're done. I'll be waiting to see the finished product.....Stan