8/18/09

I Want To Curl Up In Her Lap


Don't you just love free thrifting? This old glass Mrs. Butterworth was sitting on a free table out on the edge of town in Battle Lake. From what I could tell, they had a rummage sale earlier in the day and this was the stuff that was left over. So they slapped a sign on the table and called it a day. And when we were driving past and saw that table, well, of course we were going to stop. We found chapter books and Mrs. Butterworth to bring home.

I like to place her in different rooms and use her as a prop. If the kids are acting up, I can hold her up and say in my best Mrs Butterworth voice "I don't approve of that, Dearies!" Needless to say, the kids are really looking forward to school starting.

7 comments:

marty39 said...

Free is always good and I so remember the glass Mr. Butterworth. Great finds. Hugs, Marty

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

She's always been a favorite of mine, but I don't know if they still use her in commercials, I always thought those were cute!

Franny said...

I'm hungry for pancakes and bacon now!

The Queen of Clearance said...

we just had waffles with mrs. buttersworth! Our bottle is plastic though...so sad.

Toronto Yardsaler said...

I have memories of Mrs. Butterworth in a commercial in which she moved her torso and talked in a grandmotherly way. We never got Mrs. Butterworth in Canada as far as I recall. You Americans have all the best stuff.
Good job saving her from the garbage truck.

The Elegant Thrifter said...

She's a cutie! Stan

Wanda said...

LOL That's the best use of Mrs. Butterworth I've ever seen! Outside of holding the syrup. ;-)