8/14/09

What I Am Reading--Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert


Have you read this yet? It's been around for a few years now and I am loving, LOVING this book. My copy came to me by Sister 2 as a Christmas gift. And I immediately (ha!) started reading it. In reality, I stuck it on my book shelf and stuffed it away in the back of my mind.




Until I needed some books to take to the cabin.

Best idea I have had in a long time, taking all those books to the cabin!

I am better about reading new (to me) books up there due to the huge amounts of time spent laying around in the sun. I think I've been able to finish far more books this summer than I have in years! And this book was a complete winner. Liz spends time in Italy, India and Indonesia in a quest for self improvement and documents her journey. I don't want to give any other info other than, everyone should read this book...This one goes in my ongoing list of all time favorites!

I am sure you will be able to find it by thrifting, but if not, do the library thing or just purchase it...I can't imagine you not liking this book.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to know, I'm always looking for a good book. Right now I'm reading "My Sister's Keeper," and then I think "Wicked" will be next. I didn't know it was part of a series though, so I'll have to see if I continue with the series or not.

MG

The Elegant Thrifter said...

OK...I'm going to have to read this, especially since they are making the film version in my neighborhood. BUT I heartily recommend My Life in France by Julia Child. Simply Delicious!

Anonymous said...

I agree, this is the best book ever. I bought 10 copies the Christmas before last and gave them out to my sisters and all my friends. Always can pick up extra copies at thrift stores and pass them out to new friends. Love your blog!

Amy@TheLemonCottage said...

Good to hear this review! I picked this book up at a garage sale last weekend. (I remembered it being featured on Oprah) Haven't gotten around to even 'looking' at it! Now I'll make it a point to start reading!!!
~Amy

The Queen of Clearance said...

Ive read it! I loved it!

Franny said...

This book is a must-read! I read it a couple of years ago and can hardly wait for the movie. Maybe I'll pick it up again? Let me know what you think about it when you are finished!

Frugalchick said...

I read this book a couple of years ago and loved it!