9/25/09

Candle Holder Glittering


There is a whole lot of stuff getting glittered down in the craft room these days. I do some rearranging and then glitter something. Throw in a load of laundry and then glitter. Go through toys and then glitter some more!

I wish you could see the craft room tables right now. It is sparkly and bright and more than just a wee bit messy. Messy enough that I am not ready to show you in a picture for fear you will think ill of me! But if you close your eyes, just picture 7 different trays with an item on top and different colored glitter on each one. Because I can seem to use the same glitter color...oh no! I need to have 7 different colors going at the same time!

Currently working on:
This candle holder which was scooped up at Goodwill earlier this week. It was dusty as you can tell from the photo so I knew that first of all I would clean it up. After wiping it down, I decided I wasn't really into the gold color, as pretty as it is. And laid it down on my craft table until I decided what route I wanted to take with it.

Welllll...I ended up glittering it! You knew this was coming, right? I picked the most beautiful green-gold color and started gluing and glittering on the flat part that will hold the candle.

It.Is.Gorgeous!

It will have to be done in stages so I can be sure it is completely covered...but I can already tell how STUNNING it is going to be. I hope to have it done later today or over the weekend and will post the finished pic's then.

5 comments:

Kathie @ my net finds said...

you sure are good at cliffhangers! haha I can't wait to see it!

Michele said...

I can't wait to see it! I wish I had a room to glitter in..right now it's all done at my kitchen table and then everywhere you walk, there's glitter!

Have a wonderful weekend!
Hugz,
Michele

junkdreams said...

I can't wait to see this glittered up!
Happy day.
xojanis

Dime Store Thrift said...

I hope you all got to see the other photo with the green on it...so pretty!

Michele...oh that tell-tale crunch underfoot!

, #95 at Memory Lane said...

I loved the golden books you found and Dick and Jane also make me happy.

#95 at memory lane