9/24/09

Pier 1 Imports


I love Pier 1...LOVE it!

I love their eclectic look in merchandise, walking through the stores themselves, seeing their flier's arrive in my mailbox.

This catalog of their fall sale came in the mail a couple weeks ago and in my decluttering quest of the past few days, I finally took the time to look through it.

(I would like to take this moment to say that I don't feel I am a busy person. I just tend to stick paperwork in the buffet drawer and walk away from it to enjoy later. And then get freaked out when I have a full drawer. And feel like I need to rip through things instead of sitting down with a lovely magazine or catalog and a cup of tea.)

But I did sit down to enjoy this catalog with a cup of coffee.

And actually laughed out loud at some of these photos! You see, Pier 1 seems to be taking a step back in time and is using the same sort of things that we love as decorating tools! There were tons of owls, a very cool plaid round cooler that they used as a prop, lots of kitsch poking out here and there. I know if I was having a hard time finding my vintage owl decor, that this is where I would be shopping at, hands down. And the store itself is just so enjoyable to look through!

As for magazines, I still subscribe to Country Living but that is about it. The passing of Country Home and ME's Home Companion still make me weep.

What shelter magazines do you love? What catalogs give you tingles when they arrive in the mail?

8 comments:

Vonlipi said...

I love receiving Country Living and Chatelaine (a cross between Good Housekeeping and Family Circle-from Canada). I also look forward to the LLBean catalogs. ;)

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

I really enjoy Pier 1 too, but I think my favorite magazine is Traditional Home. Love it. Hugs, Marty

Frugalchick said...

I absolutely love Better Homes and Gardens and the new Country Living. I also love the decorating books by The Nest, Domino, and Apartment Therapy.

elena-lu said...

hi girly! thank you for thinking of me when i went away! everything is ok and life is just what it is and things go up and down dont they? so no worries all is good :)
im back and loving going to check out everyones past posts! fun stuff man!
happy afternoon to you!!!
elena lu

junkdreams said...

I saw this Pier One ad as well and thought the same as you. I really miss Country Home magazine and still can't believe it stopped publishing! I am loving the Somerset magazines (they are more like books) and full of inspiration.
Happy day!
xojanis

Thrifted Treasure said...

I love leafing through catalogues and mags when I get the chance too. Speaking of owls, there's a giveaway for a cute little owl you might be interested in over on http://huntforvintage.blogspot.com/

Dime Store Thrift said...

Vonlipi--I wonder if I could find that here in the States?

Marty--I don't think I have read Traditional Home before...will have to hunt it down!

Frugal Chick--Those are good ones!

Elena Lu--So glad you are back!

Junkdreams--I will have to hunt down Somerset, too...

TTreasure--thanks for the heads up on the giveaway!

Marfa (formula for a life) said...

I get weak in the knees and giddy with girly excitement when I receive my Victoria magazine. My heart does a little happy dance cause I'm know that soon I will be drooling over beautiful photos of beloved treasures, gorgeous tablescapes and melt-i-your-mouth delicious recipes. I also enjoy Country Living and Women's Day.