10/20/09

Craft Room Tour Part One

Once you get past The Wall Of Toys (toys, toys, toys...said with echo) on either side of the room, this is what you will see when you look to the left:


And then cycling clockwise through the rest of the room:








This is so much more functional than what I had been dealing with...close your eyes and imagine piles. And piles. And a few more piles. Some Christmas decor that I had stuck on a table instead of putting with our Christmas decorations...Etsy items...Items I wanted to glitter...paperwork...it was all piled up.

And now I have sections that are actually working for me!

These are paper machie houses that I bought, oh, maybe 6 years ago or more? Never did do what I wanted to do with them. But they are now right there on the table and ready to get glittered.

I did get rid of 3 christmas ball shaped paper boxes that I never did anything with and won't. They were taking up far too much space and I had zero desire to do something cool with them. So off to Goodwill they went to bless a crafty thrifter.

I have had this little wooden house since last Spring, I believe? I have it sitting now where I will be adding Christmas-y touches to it and putting some vintage Christmas items inside. Either for myself or Etsy. But it is now in a place that it will get finished.


And that heavy brass candle stick holder that I found at that church rummage sale is also on this table, to be de-waxed and either polished or something sparkly done to it...

I also have paper work filed in these hatboxes...I am going to need to get more organized with that and figure out a good way to know what is inside each one, but am saving that project for another day. Right now, they are contained and I like spending time browsing through the boxes to give me a creative boost of energy:

And yes, I have more of those exact same type of hatboxes up in our closet area! Do you remember when I re-did the closet last year? I love me some hatboxes!

These old ornaments are stacked up high! I kept them there because Shiny Brite makes me happy and provide inspiration. I can touch a box and think of someone lovingly putting each ball back in it place after the Holidays to keep it safe until the next one.


And these two old gumball machines are going to be filled with twinkly lights...also put on the table within reach so that I get that project finished quite soon. Behind them is the ipod filled with so much Christmas music, I could be down there for days, happily crafting away.



Decluttering my craft room has given it such a breath of fresh air and re-inspired me in so many ways!

We will finish the detailed tour tomorrow.

10 comments:

Kathie @ my net finds said...

oooh, I love that wooden house!

Marilyn said...

Doesn't it feel good to be organized? It really helps your mind be more ready for creative stuff. Good work!!! Now, go create!LOL

svelteSTUFF said...

HOW do you keep your walls so clean?! It seems there isn't a vertical space in our house that is safe from me!!!

Nice local for your 'studio' - you can still hang with the kiddies and aren't separated off in a back room!

Frugalchick said...

Wow, lots of nice space!

Knittin 'n Stitchin said...

I'm decluttering too! I've read Julia Morgenstern's newest book, I have her video and I'm shoring up my confidence to *gulp* go into the garage and clear out, plow through years of papers, etc.,.
Your blog inspires me!

The Elegant Thrifter said...

If I only HAD a craft room....green with envy....I mean glitter.....

The Queen of Clearance. said...

I am jealous of all of your space!

sheri (Green and Crunchy) said...

I love this room! LOVE IT! What a great space! I love all the treasures and I love the furniture...the whole space is fabulous. Great job!

Sonya --Dime Store Thrift said...

It really is a fabulous space to have...and the fact I am reclaiming it as a functional workspace is huge for me...I was walking in there and turning back around after seeing the mess. And now I am actually in there DOING things again!

Sue said...

Come do my room for me, LOL! I think my Dad had that same desk, with the part on the left for the typewriter, later computer. He got it second had. My son had it after Mom moved to assisted living. Not sure he still has it (it's so BIG). I have the perfect room, just need to declutter it (plow it??).