10/26/09

Shiny Brites, Gumball Machines and My Terrible Imitation Of An English Accent

You just never know where I am going with these posts, do you?


I have been looking at these two vintage gumball machines down in my studio for a while now. My original plan was to put strands of Christmas lights in them. And then I hit upon this idea!

I filled the one that I am keeping with tiny Shiny Brite bell ornaments...



And the one that is going to the booth at Memory Lane is filled with tiny Shiny Brite ball ornaments...


I was going to put that one in my Etsy shop and then realized the shipping logistics of it and it was something I was not willing to undertake. I just couldn't imagine the ornaments arriving to their destination in anything less than shards of glass.


Speaking of Etsy, I shipped my very first overseas package this morning to a lovely woman in London Town! Which is the reason why I have been speaking with a British accent all morning...that borders on Australian with a bit of an Irish brogue. I seriously adore a British accent.

But I live in Iowa. And that fact alone makes me look odd when I say "Pip!Pip! My Boy!" to hurry Bud along the sidewalk to school.

Also, to those of you who inquired, I am going to be putting some of the framed pictures on Etsy, so be watching for that this week.

9 comments:

Kathie @ my net finds said...

wooohoo, looking forward to the framed pics on Etsy!

The Queen of Clearance. said...

those gumball machines with the ornaments is a great idea! I use to have one that I filled with different thing depending on my mood or the holiday! lol. fun stuff! but I never thought to put ornaments in it!

CC said...

Love these gumball machines..Come to think of it,I love your blog and all your great ideas. You do some really fun stuff..

Toronto Yardsaler said...

The gumball machines are so you! Love what you've done to them. You're a creative superforce. I remember driving through a very chi-chi part of Toronto when I was a girl and we passed by a fancy bedding store that had a gumball machine in the window that was filled with water and goldfish. I never forgot that.
Happy thrifting.
Erin

icandy... said...

May I borrow that fantastic idea of yours??? I've got two gumball machines and tons of tiny vintage ornaments... I love that look! You are awesome, thank you very much!!
Hugs,
Christina!

Sunny said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sheri (Green and Crunchy) said...

Did you really usher your son along with "Pip! Pip! My boy!" ??

That just makes me smile. You are way too funny :)

Congrats on the first overseas shipment, that is exciting! Pip pip!

Sandy said...

Just found your site and absolutely LOVE it. Love your ideas and I love that you love Woolworth things and I must admit I am addicted to Thrift stores!! :) Just on a high when I step in the door of one of those WONDERFUL stores!! Treasures GALORE!! I LOVE old Christmas decorations. I had a silver tree up this year with the rotating color wheel. LOVE your five cent reindeer!

Sandy said...

Just found your site and absolutely LOVE it. Love your ideas and I love that you love Woolworth things and I must admit I am addicted to Thrift stores!! :) Just on a high when I step in the door of one of those WONDERFUL stores!! Treasures GALORE!! I LOVE old Christmas decorations. I had a silver tree up this year with the rotating color wheel. LOVE your five cent reindeer!