10/25/09

Vintage Christmas Books Given New Life















I had mentioned to you during the studio tour, that I had a bunch of vintage books for crafting that were too worn to do anything else with...either they had writing on pages done by a small child wielding a crayon, pages torn or all together torn out or some other type of damage.

But when I come across these sad little books, I save them and try to salvage what I can out of the pages that are yet intact.

I made a quick run through of Goodwill to find some interesting frames and voila! The sad little Christmas books have become holiday treasures...






Didn't they turn out great? More coming soon!

8 comments:

Kathie @ my net finds said...

That is a terrific idea! love them :-)

CC said...

This is a really great idea.. I love it.

The Elegant Thrifter said...

You put that glittered Rudolph up just to taunt me, right?

What a great idea. I am always amazed at the quality and quantity of frames at places like Goodwill for next to nothing!

Where's the glittered Santa????

Stan

Sonya --Dime Store Thrift said...

They are pretty cute, if I do say so myself! Preening with Pride:)

And yes, Stan, my goal was to mess with you a bit with the glittered Rudolph! Be watching for Santa, mwahaha...

The Queen of Clearance. said...

That is such a great idea! I love it! I think I need to go find some books now!

Leilani said...

What a fun and cute way to recycle these books... they would look great clustered together on a mantle during the holiday season!

Linda said...

What a great idea! I love the granny with the cookies! I'm going to Goodwill today and look for frames and tattered books no one else wants!

Sue said...

Wonderful idea! Very nostalgic...