11/19/09

Giant Bags Of Christmas



This is one of my favorite sights at Goodwill...huge clear bags filled to the brim with Christmas yummies! I can find them often enough throughout the year, but they really come out to play in November and December.

They cost between a dollar and five dollars a bag. This one was $3.




This is the part that makes me giddy: getting home and ripping open the giant bag and unearthing fabulous vintage Christmas.

Here are some things that came out of this one...

A set of 14 vintage Hallmark coasters

A plastic Shiny Brite nativity (still love these and getting quite a collection of them!)

A little knee hugging Elf that needs a good cleaning

An adorable set of nesting snowmen...

A small tree skirt

This was pretty cool...I wasn't sure what it would be in the box

And then thought Ornaments?

And then realized they were to decorate pillar candles!

Not sure what these are, but they are very colorful! I believe one is a camel and one is an elephant. The last one? Truly not sure.

An old plastic tiny reindeer...

And Angel Christmas corsage!


And some Hobby Lobby snowman ornaments.


After I retrieved these goodies out of the bag, I re-tied it to return all the stuff I didn't want and will donate it back again so that somebody else can get all the vintage wreath decorating picks, felt items, kitschy wooden toys, strands of vintage garlands and such.

That was a whole lot of fun for three dollars!

16 comments:

Kathie @ my net finds said...

cool! that nativity looks similar to one I've had since I was a kid :-)

Vonlipi said...

Sonya! That was an amazing bag of fun! The weird animals are from India, there's a horse, a camel and the elephant. I whish I could find bag of Xmas fun in Quebec but we don't have Goodwill.

Too bad I didn't win the giveaway...I would've chosen the little appetizer xmas tree.

Sue said...

Way cool! And you know I love that Shiny Brite nativity!!

Jenny S said...

Send the left overs this way!!!hehehe!

Linda said...

You are right, a whole lot of fun for $3.00 and then more to return for someone else! Love it all!

Linda

junkdreams said...

Great finds!!!!
xojanis

Jane said...

You got a lot of goodies from that bag! Nice of you to return/donate what you don't want so someone else can get it.
Jane - Jacksonville

CC said...

Our Goodwill store has not yet done anything like the Christmas bags..but I wish they would. What great fun. Our local Goodwill did however, have a kitchen bag for $2.00. I couldn't believe everything I pulled from that bag. There was 3 tablecloths, a tablerunner, 3 sets of placemats and 6 aprons..that was the good stuff. There was plastic tablecloths, Christmas cloths and several other plastic things..all I didn't want, I will return to Goodwill. As you said, there was just so much fun opening the bag..

~~Carol~~ said...

I love giant bags of Christmas! I only wish my Goodwill was good. It's more Badwill. I never find anything there. Love the kneehugger and the tree skirt. That's the next thing on my must-have list!

This Thrifted Life said...

I saw on of those at Goodwill yesterday. I'm not a huge holiday decorator, but I might have to keep my eye out for more of these.

This Thrifted Life said...

I saw on of those at Goodwill yesterday. I'm not a huge holiday decorator, but I might have to keep my eye out for more of these.

Linda said...

Oh my gosh! I can't believe those finds for just $3.00! That tree skirt! And the Nativity! I know what you will do with that reindeer too! Do you hear the glitter calling you??

Vintage Whimsy said...

Oh my goodness! I love those paper coasters. In fact, I have a set of Open House invitations with the same bells on them. Love!!

Rebecca said...

I love big bags of "junque" too! :) A great bag of finds!

Deb said...

What sweet finds! I have 4 of the little reindeer and they're very similar to yours. Mine have longer antlers I think but otherwise look the same. Two still have the bells around their neck and two do not. I believe my Dad got them in a box of stuff from an auction at least 30 years ago.

Deb said...

Oh and I forgot to say I have a little plastic nativity very similar to this one. I need to wait till I unpack it to see if it's Shiny Brite or not. I've had it for about 25 years now.