12/22/09

Christmas Thrift Karma Tips

If you are looking around at Thrift Stores for Christmas goodies and coming up empty every single time, I have some thrift karma tips for you to try out:

1--Take a large bag and large box of donations to Goodwill

2--Smile and say "Good Morning Sunshine!" to the lovely girl who is helping you unload the donations

3--Make lovely girl tear up because no one has said "Good Morning Sunshine!" to her since her Grandma passed away when she was 8 years old.

4--Get teared up yourself because, wow, who knew?! What made me say that to her?

5--Decide to do a quick run through of Goodwill because even though we are now days away from Christmas, maybe somebody made a last minute donation of some cool vintage stuff

6--Do not under any circumstances get a cart...you must make this first run through without a cart.

7--When you have made the walk down one aisle and your arms are already full and you can see more stuff that you want, then and only then do you turn around and go back and get a cart.

8--Then see a Girlfriend you haven't seen in MONTHS at the checkout (so pause for several minutes to play catch up and make plans for a play date with her and the kids next week)

9--Walk up and down every aisle.

10--Pay the nice lady at the check out $13 and bring home this:



Now you have a ton of vintage ornaments to make those wreathes with! And inside one of those bags?? You will find these:






















WooooooHOOOOOOOO! Let me know if it works for you.

17 comments:

Amy@TheLemonCottage said...

SCRORE!
Awesome!!!
~Amy

~~Carol~~ said...

I can't believe you found all of that! I thought the thrifts were pretty much done putting Christmas stuff out. I gotta go. It's time to hit the thrifts one last time before Christmas!
Merry Christmas!
Carol
P.S. My word verification is groper. Ewwww!

Linda said...

Oh you have the BEST thrifting luck! I'm on my way to the GW as it is Senior day (gasp yep that's me) so maybe I will have some good 'luck' today. Those cut out ornaments are so cute!!!!!!!!!

Huggs..............Linda

Marilyn said...

Went to Value Village last week and had my arms full in no time! Bought some Christmas Plates (for giving cookies. Decided when I got home to go through my decorations that I don't use anymore and get a box ready to donate. Merry Christmas!

Diane said...

Oh I sure love the way you shop! And such great treasures. Hugs, Diane

Frippery said...

True Karma!!!

Sue said...

*drooling* *green with envy*

You've got the touch, sweetcakes!!

Jenny S said...

OMG!!!! You lucky Santa you!!

This Thrifted Life said...

Wow, you scored BIG this time. Some of those ornaments would make lovely gifts. I was on the lookout for beautiful ornaments today (for gifts) and came up emptyhanded. But I do have a couple of bags in the car that need to be dropped off at the donation center...

Jacklom3 said...

Very very pretty ornaments!!! I was able to pick up some today at our local thrift, but not a many as you did!!! Congratulations!

Mick said...

SCORE!!!! You really pleaser the Goodwill gods today didnt you! Love that snowman glass ornament the "Hello" one!

Sandy aka Doris the Great said...

That's what you get for being so very nice! Treasure!

I love the one of the angel and baby Jesus (in case you ever want to pass it on, hint, hint)!

Merry Christmas!

Sharleen at Luticia Clementine's said...

Wonderful - so anxious to have some time to look for some "great finds" - parted with one of my best today when Stan dropped by. Happy to part with it when someone appreciates it so. I am hoping to see it on the elegant thrifter soon (an old box log cabin with paper on the inside printed with furn, fireplace etc.). Having lunch with Stan and his sister tomorrow - wish you could join us. Sharleen at Luticia Clementine's

Nalamienea said...

fabulous blog! I just found you by clicking through someone else's blog and I love it!

I'm totally heading to the thrift store!

Linda H. said...

Wow! I rarely find loot like that at our thrift stores. I just went the other day and there was just a lot of dollar store type Christmas items left. You found some real treasures! Those felt ornaments are adorable. Have a Merry Christmas! Thanks for sharing with us every day!

Amy Kinser said...

WOW!!!!! Love your treasures and the fun advice.

Sewing-Chick said...

Great post :) But I think no. 9 should say "Walk up and down every aisle. Twice." At least that's what I do, and I always see stuff the second time around that I missed the first time!