12/18/09

Christmas Tree Ornaments

I thought you would get a kick out of seeing some of my favorite ornaments from the tree...We are all over the place with our tree decorations. It will never be matchy-matchy but is filled with our family memories.



Old Snowman (no good story here other than we like him!)

Sister 2 always gets me the latest Starbucks and Caribou ornies...


Lu's plaster hand print


Cardinal in memory of my Dad...


Flashback to the 70's...


Scrooge's Watch!


Bud's Initial that I glittered


An ornament that was always on my Mom and Dad's tree...


A glass ball ornament from my Great Aunt whom I was named after...


We always stick this old Santa and Reindeer inside the tree


Tons of handmade kids ornaments--This one came from Bud this year and his teacher's and I were joking (away from Bud's ears) that perhaps Rudolph had a little too much eggnog as his eyes were a bit red!


I love watching the kids putting on the ornaments and seeing what they remember from year to year.

6 comments:

Sue said...

Getting out the ornaments is always a walk down memory lane. Thanks for sharing!

thasnifty said...

could that snowman be any sweeter? he made me smile tonight :)

CC said...

Those are the sweetest ornaments..and I love that sweet reindeer. A bit of egg nog during the season never hurt anyone. :). Well, maybe it could tamper with a reindeer.

Linda said...

I love all the ornaments. My tree is also all over the place with colors, old & new, handmade, store bought and Hallmark ornaments. They all mean something and it's the best part of the year putting them on the tree with memories galore. Thanks for sharing yours.

Huggs..... Linda

The Elegant Thrifter said...

Aw, thanks! Love the bloodshot Rudolph -- a treasure in the making! Stan

grunge-queen said...

You brought back some memories with some of these - our fam used to have a Santa and reindeer just like that! I love the history you keep on your tree with all those ornaments. My mom started a tradition with us daughters: she's given us each an ornament every year since we were 19, so we can look back and remember too ....