12/28/09

Meant-To-Be Thrift (Nativity Scene)

One of our nativity scenes was just 'making do' for the past couple years...



Look Closer...



I had thrifted this nativity, but it came with 2 Josephs and 2 Wisemen...so the extra Joseph 'stood in'...


Until I found THIS at the thrift store early last week!!


And now all is as it should be:


I love these tiny little Nativity scenes. That Bud can touch them and play with them and I don't need to worry a bit about anything breaking. I love seeing him in the corner quietly reenacting the night Jesus was born and how the figures get set up differently each time. And I love that the third wiseman finally found his way home.

7 comments:

Linda said...

Yeah! I know how you feel about something finding it's way home! just meant to be! I love that Bud can play with them, that makes it all a part of his world. Happy Monday after Christmas to you!

Linda

Toronto Yardsaler said...

Hilarious. You must have been born with a horseshoe in your thrifty little hand.
Hope you and your family had a wonderful Christmas. You are one of the happiest blogmasters out in the blogosphere.
Happy New Year!
Erin

Sue said...

I love that! Amazing how the right wise man turned up. And I love your thrifty compromise in the meantime. Really sweet that Bud likes playing with it. When my niece was quite small, she loved to go up and kiss every Baby Jesus she saw, and some of those nativities are very fragile and expensive. Mom was garage-saling with a friend, and found a lone Baby Jesus to send to Melissa so she could kiss him (safely!) whenever she wanted to. What a nice story, and great memory for your family, with your unique (and thrifty) nativity!

Wanda said...

What luck! I have one or two missing some key players, too. Love the little note on the extra Joseph. Too cute!

Myrna Hynes said...

haha...love the tag on the 2nd Joseph!! Very happy to hear the third wiseman finally made it from afar! Merry Christmas!

Thrifted Treasure said...

I love your nativity scene, I've been on the lookout for one for ages!

Mick said...

Oh I cant stop laughing! How clever you tag is! But now what will become of Joesph the 2nd?!