1/22/10

Did I Mention I Am A "Ripper-Outer"?



I don't hoard or keep magazines for very long, but I sure do rip them apart.

I clip recipes...ideas for stuff to make, someday...decorating ideas...articles I love...pictures I love...clothing ideas...the list goes on and on and on.

And then I kind of sort them into piles and put them in these fabulous old wire baskets and put it on my foot rest so when I head upstairs at night to tuck Bud in and Hubby and Lu are trying to beat eachother at a card game, I get cozy on my chair, tuck a blanket around me, put this huge pile of clippings in my lap and look through them.




I love my paper clippings! The clippings I keep in my wire baskets are what I refer to as 'recent clippings' from the past 6 months or so. After about six months of playing with them, they get put into boxes that look like these:




It takes quite a lot of love to make the final cut that goes into those boxes!

Paper clutter can freak me out, but there is something about those wire boxes that just soothe my soul.

10 comments:

Wanda @ Just Vintage said...

The way you're doing that is a great idea! Kinda keeps them under control. I do the same thing - sort of. I tear the pages out about twice a year and I'm not so neat. :-( I do love your system, though.

Michele said...

I'm a ripper outer too...mine go in binders to do something with, or dream, when I have the time!!! Love your system!

Hugz,
Michele

Kathie @ my net finds said...

I'm a ripper outer as well. I put them in binders. I just went through the binders a couple of days ago! :-)

Ninny said...

Wire trays are so retro! And they smack of office stuff and I do love office stuff. I could just go on a wild spending spree at a big office store! Your boxes are so pretty...they deserve a shelf where all can see them!

Liz

Frippery said...

Sonya, I have to say after reading your last few posts, Are you my long lost twin???? Ripper outer, old cookbook lover, plastic vintage ornaments and children's books, as well as trying, I repeat TRYING to be mindful of purchases.

Heidi Ann said...

Oh, I do that, too - and I have been working on "ripping out" lots of pages from my magazines lately. Unfortunately, I have not yet begun to really make a dent in my huge piles of them that threaten to take over our house. I'll just keep pluggin' away.....

Sandy aka Doris the Great said...

I too am a ripper outer! Mine go in piles or in boxes (not as pretty as yours) and then eventually (once or twice a year) they go in binders. It's nice to know there are many more of us out there.

Mermaids of the Lake said...

Hi Sonya. I just discovered you by visiting Jenny, at The Red Bulletin Board. She links to you. I too, rip out magazine pages. I have a bunch dog-eared right now to then rip. I file mine and am getting ready to make a cute project with them. Magazines are my favorite way to relax and get inspired! Thank you for sharing. Your blog is really fun.

Mermaid Debbie

Kim G. said...

I'm both a ripper outer and a hoarder! It's kind of addicting!

Anonymous said...

Keep posting stuff like this i really like it