1/29/10

Tomorrow, tomorrow...

As promised, here are some costume pictures. Lu is going to be in a production of Annie and we had to find some clothing, so of course went thrifting!

Four dollars bought everything pictured here except for the pair of boots, which were purchased the night before at Goodwill.



A cardigan sweater for at the orphanage...we were both pleased that she can (and will) wear it again after the play is wrapped. She has a weakness for American Eagle stuff.


This was a woman's long dress that I cut off and then sewed to hem it up. And this was my best sewing! Which is sad.


A gorgeous dress for when she is living at Warbucks...


That just HAPPENED to be a Hanna dress!


And a nice coat that could have come from Bergdorfs...


The red Annie dress is being made for her...but I bet if it would have been around Halloween I could've found it at a Thrift store!

9 comments:

Pixie said...

what great finds!

This Thrifted Life said...

That coat is lovely.

Linda said...

Oh how fun! Annie is a cute show. She will look wonderful in her thrifted finery!

Ninny said...

Super finds! What a score for your daughter and her role in Annie!

Liz

Paige said...

A very impressive thrifty show wardrobe. I'm sure she will look great. She must really be excited!

Mick said...

Fantstic! What Luck in finding thoes things! twice iv had that fortune! The Goodwill near my College is also in the same area as the bigger Midwestern State College and they are FOREVER dumping their theatrical cast offs there! I once found 6 or 7 1940's designer evening gowns (oh the look on the chasiers face as a guy checked out wiht a stack of evening gowns!) The Other time We were looking for an "I Love Lucy Dress" and I sarcastically put my hand over my eyes and reached into the rack and PULLED OUT a perfect blue feild white polka dot collared and cuffed Lucy Dress $0.99 perfection!

Toronto Yardsaler said...

Great thrifted clothes. It's amazing how you can luck out sometimes, just when you need it. What an inspired mom you are!
Erin

The Queen of Clearance. said...

wow, all of that? Such a great deal. That coat is fab!

Kathie @ my net finds said...

wonderful finds!