3/24/10

Goodwill Thrifting-March 24

There is just something about hearing the spring birds chirping, having all the snow finally melted and being able to wear my favorite mary janes without socks.

And then going thrifting and finding Christmas goodies. Which as most of you, I will buy whatever time of year, as you well know. When the thrift gods throw vintage Christmas in your path, you buy it.

I don't know what they they used to make these angels, but it tickles me...


Handmade ornaments using shiny brite nativities, gold paint, a cotton lid and they glittered the string...a crafter after my own heart!




Very cool Christmas coasters to slip on the bottom of your drink. I am digging the box most of all!


There were a lot of little wooden ornaments attached to clothes pins with this written on them. Very nice way to display little trinkets bought while on vacation. But it did sadden me to see them...did nobody in the family want them? I will be their keeper.



And anything with that little sticker of 'Japan' gets my attention...



And those dear little handmades just make me grin...



I want to show you more from this bag-o-goodies I purchased for a couple dollars, but need to relinquish the computer now to a wee one tugging on my leg as I type. PBSkids.org is calling his name, loudly, and it must be played. Will post most pics later today...

9 comments:

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Wow, You really did find a ton of great things. I didn't see much holiday at the GW this year. You found some real treasures. Hugs, Marty

Sue said...

OOOhhhh.... a Shiny Brite!! Don't know that I could ever bring myself to paint them, though...

~~Carol~~ said...

Nothing like a good day of thrifting! And I'm glad that I'm not alone in being immediately drawn in when I see one of those Japan stickers. Whatever it is, it'll almost always come home with me!

icandy... said...

Sweet booty!
I know you had a ball!
CJ
ox

Linda said...

Loving the Christmas goodies!!! More please!

Ninny said...

You have a great Goodwill and a very good eye for cool vintage. Our Goodwill seems to think if it's not priced at $3 or more it's not worth putting on the shelves. So, our store jacks prices up higher than the dollar store! I have skipped Goodwill in favor of more affordable and juicier thrift stores in my town. The Goodwill stores in other towns I have scouted out have been far better stoked and priced. Your Goodwill seems to be a really neat store!
Liz

Holly- Girls At Heart said...

Ha-ha! I think that angel is made out of troll hair! ♥

Barbara at Oodles and Oodles said...

Quite the haul! I love the pink angel - it's like she's a cross between an angel and a superhero.

Alma said...

Such cute stuff! I really love that nutcracker doll, and the first handmade ornament. The other doll, not so much. Creepyyy! LOL :)

Happy Thrifting,
Alma @ La Vida Es Bella