3/27/10

Making Me Want To Go To The Lake...

My blog-buddy Mick sent me the coolest postcards he made of his cabin retreat called the Casablanca...go visit his blog, it will be inspiring if you are hankering for a retreat of your own!



I made cake this morning. Say what you want about me, but I make an excellent yellow cake with fudge frosting. And we like sprinkles.



I took it out of the oven with a vintage pineapple shaped oven mitt that was sent during my Birthday month from my friend Stan, The Elegant Thrifter...someday, someday I shall have him in my kitchen baking one of his luscious pineapple upside down cakes. It is such a treat to get a surprise package from my friends!

5 comments:

Mick said...

Im glad you like them! And I LOVE the songs on your player! :)

Ninny said...

Oh, oh, oh....my doctor would say that cake is naughty! I'd eat some anyway, poo-poo on cholesterol!

Liz

Penny said...

Yellow cake with fudge frosting is my all time favorite. I think I will just pop over for a piece. What time did you say dessert was? Take care, Penny

CelticDragonfly said...

I have given you the beautiful blogger award here: http://thriftjunk.blogspot.com/2010/03/ive-received-beautiful-blogger-award.html

5binzel said...

Can we get the cake and frosting recipe? My daughter has a bday coming up....