4/16/10

Advent Box Rescue



I doubt I can ever walk past an Advent box found while thrifting or rummaging that is under the $5 mark. This one was $3 and in a sad state...look at the little handles that are missing...the chips in the paint...But I love it!

I am going to sparkle that baby up somehow. Maybe, I don't know, using glitter, perhaps? And put on different little knobs. I am grooving the black paint, but am not sure if that will stay or not. It would look fabulous in our house with those colors right now, wouldn't it? So many decisions! It's going to head down to the studio and wait until I have some time and am in a Christmas-y sort of mood. Probably while doing laundry.

7 comments:

Linda said...

Love the colors on the box and the chippy paint.

Sue said...

Nice find! Can't wait to see what you do with it.

Sandy aka Doris the Great said...

She's a beauty!

Glenda said...

"Sonya darling" I love that as is.
would you consider selling it as is....pretty please with lots of sugar on it...December is my anniversary month...we got married on Christmas Eve...
thanks for considering me, I always enjoy your post...
hugs, glenda@serendipitycottage

Holly- Girls At Heart said...

Yeah it really is cool just the way it is! ♥

Ninny said...

You got a fabulous deal on that box!!! Love it!

Liz

Elizabeth said...

What a gorgeous box! Love it!