4/24/10

Misc Squeal!

There is nothing like the feeling of pouring that first cup of hot coffee, opening up the paper to the classified sections and seeing Church Sale on a rainy, rainy Friday morning. Couldn't get ready and get the kiddos off to school fast enough!

These are some of the treasures that surfaced:

I am loving, LOVING this owl. He might stay outside on the patio or he might come in to the mantle or buffet. Or maybe a shelf in the backroom.


Little mice. I have something tumbling around in the back of my mind about hickory dickory dock...or twas the night before Christmas. Could go either way. Glad I bought all of them in case I get really creative!

A little Chalkware little guy...


A cute little elephant in stripes!


Ohhh, a penny pot!



Very fun sale!

13 comments:

Sue said...

NICE, Sonia! Good haul! I especially like the owl and the elephant. The mice are intriguing, not that I normally like mice (ick finder of having them in house/garage). What fun for you!

Sue said...

Sorry to misspell you name. Though it's nearly 10, I've only been up about 45 minutes and still not clear awake. I was awake and reading in bed when the paper arrived about 3:30 or so. What can I say - night owl/don't have to work today!

Mary said...

Love.The.Owl.

Linda said...

Love the owl, it's my favorite find.

Sandy aka Doris the Great said...

What are the mice made of?
They look like gumdrops.

Toronto Yardsaler said...

Great owl. What is it about us vintage-loving gals and owls? I saw an owl candle holder yesterday. It wasn't as vintage and cute as yours, so I didn't buy it. I did think about it though.
Hope you're well,
Erin

Toronto Yardsaler said...

Great owl. What is it about us vintage-loving gals and owls? I saw an owl candle holder yesterday. It wasn't as vintage and cute as yours, so I didn't buy it. I did think about it though.
Hope you're well,
Erin

Toronto Yardsaler said...

Sorry,
I didn't think my original comment was posted, because it said my letters didn't match the secret letter code thingy. I reposted, only to see that the original comment did go through.
I guess that goes double for me! Ha!
EH

Zootsuitmama said...

My daughter has an owl obsession. She has that one! I found the best owl purse for her last week! Check it out on Zootsuitmama

Sonya --Dime Store Thrift said...

Sue (Soo) haha! It is fine, I don't get too huffy about my name spelling:)

Sandy, it is meant to be gumdrop like, but it isn't real. As far as I can tell. I tried to puncture the bottom of one to be sure!

Erin, you feel free to leave as many comments as you want:)

I am loving the owl, too...it was one of my favorite pieces!

Sue said...

My Dad used to say, I don't care what you call me as long as it's not late to dinner! (and I assume how you spell it as well)

Shelley Germann said...

Yes, the owl is very cool! He would look awesome outside or in!

Jennifer said...

I had an owl just like that in the 70's - owls were very popular then and so were "earth tones" - what a riot! Jennifer jennsthreegraces