4/2/10

Sorted! By Lissanne Oliver--Money Saving Tip

Update! Thanks Lissanne!


This is the American cover of the book...

And this is the Australian cover...


I LOVE this book...it was so inspiring to read! My favorite tip was dealing with money:




I am really, really good at saving my quarters. Not so good about saving my $5 bills. I tried for a while a few months back and it was super easy to save them until I tapped into the $5 hiding spot and then forgot to replenish it with more $5 bills that came across my path! Typical me.

Do you have a good way that sort of 'tricks' you into saving money?

7 comments:

Linda said...

I like he idea of saving $5 bills. Hmmmm can I do it? Good question. Looks like a great book.

Ninny said...

Tips for saving money? Any coupon for $$ off a pair of shoes does it for me, LOL!

Liz

Diane said...

Well for me I must figure out how to make more money so I have some extra $5 bills to tuck away.
Hugs, Diane

Lara said...

I'm going to try the $5 thing. The problem is I use my debit card almost exclusively, so rarely do I have any cash. I do this weird thing with reimbursements from work, though -- once a week, I purchase gift cards as incentives for our students with my own money, submit for reimbursement, and then take the check I get back and stash it in a jar in my kitchen. I deposit all checks into savings at the end of the month. It's kind of like I'm hiding money from myself to keep myself from spending it!

Lisa said...

All I have are tricks for spending money. The best way to save money is to leave your wallet at home. ;-)

lissanne said...

Hey, thanks so much for the mention of my book! Barnes & Noble sell the American version (that's the one you've quoted as we don't have quarter dollars in Australia!) for just $7.99 and it's hardback. BARAGAIN! Different cover to the one you've shown but same great read :-)

I also have a very small number of Australian copies - signed by me - available for shipping within the USA for just $35USD (inc shipping) please email me if you're interested! lissanne@sorted.net.au

Stay thrifty!!

Glenda said...

I'd be tempted, very tempted to get this book...if I thought I would pay attention to it...
hugs, grin,
glenda@serendipityCottage