5/24/10

The Amazing Yearly Neighbors Sale

Every year one of the neighbors down the street holds her annual rummage sale. It is a sale worth going to a few minutes before it is actually supposed to start...not that I approve of that sort of thing. But at this sale, I am gonna say yes! Yes, you go a few minutes before the 4pm start time! You camp out in your car and wait for a couple other people to go up the driveway first and then you follow hot on their trail! You move quickly and steadily through the areas she has set up! You make another quick trip around.

And this is what you walk away with:



I am so happy with my purchases! Let's see what we have here...there are two fabulous Swanky Swigs, a groovy glass ice bucket--with tongs and holder, a set of 8 large cloth napkins and a brand spanking new Yankee Candle.

Stan, you would have been so proud of me--I left a whole lot of treasures for others to find!

My only disappointment was that we weren't able to hit the sale again on Saturday morning when she puts MORE stuff out! She has spectacular vintage Christmas decor and that was to come out then...but I am moving forward and enjoying my new treasures that came home.

7 comments:

Ninny said...

Sonya, you find the best treasures! I am quite sure if we were to run into each other at a sale, I would have to forcefully elbow you outta my way! But, I'd do it with a smile, of course. Your're so fun!

Liz

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

You found some great treasures. I havn't hit any garage sales yet. Hugs, Marty

Sonya --Dime Store Thrift said...

Marty, you must go! You would find such awesome stuff down in AZ!

Ninny...I can just see it, that is FUNNY! I push back, haha:)

The Elegant Thrifter said...

Thriftzilla, you are not! Stan

Sonya --Dime Store Thrift said...

I know...you would have been awed by my grace in this situation. I think I could have bought every.single.item she had for sale! But I showed powerful restraint:)

Barbara at Oodles and Oodles said...

Cool stuff! I liked that Pyrex cracker barrel from the other day, too.

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Fun finds :)
The city wide garage sales start on Thrusday and the money is burning a hole in my pocket!!
Deb :)