7/11/10

Come Thrift With Me!

Friday was decadent. The kids were having a blast with their Grandma and I was planning my day of doing some intense thrifting. Join me!

First things first...I need my coffee and then we can check out the ads:



There is a sale over on the West side...the ad is a bit nondescript, but that sometimes means there will be some cool stuff:






















Can you believe all the stuff we found there?

Now lets stop by a thrift store that I don't frequent very often due to their silly higher prices on items that should be given away due to their condition. Just saying. But I am heading over towards Morningside and it is on my way so lets just do a quicky walk through:


Ok, that is pretty cool! We could do something with that around Easter!



Now, there is an estate sale that has been going on since Wednesday but I haven't had a chance to stop...let's see what they have:








Getting hungry? Lets call some Girlfriends and see if they want to meet us for some Thai food down on 7th street.

I can't believe I haven't had spring rolls before! Next time I want to just order this as my meal!


Yummy lunch, good conversation...why don't we head over to this sale now:












I can't believe all the treasures we found today! Let's do this again soon! We did well finding fun yummies and not having any fist fights over anything.
That clock is mine, however.

17 comments:

Ninny said...

Thanks for inviting me to go along! I had so much fun thrifting with you today! Can't believe I didn't spend any money, though. I should steal those owls from you. They're all so cute, I could almost be an owl collector!

I'll be there in spirit next time!

Liz

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

That was fun and look at all the treasures you found!!
Lunch looks very good too!
I love plates and glasses...hubby keeps reminding me that we have enough...LOL!!! (right!)
Deb :)

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

You found such neat treasures. What a fun day and your load of loot is fabulous. Hugs, Marty

Beth said...

You found some pretty cool stuff! I like that clock. Those spring rolls look yummy!

Toronto Yardsaler said...

Looks like you had the perfect day. Great finds. I love the recipe boxes. They make me long to have lived in those good old days.
Hope you're well.
Erin

Linens Lace and Lattes said...

That was fun - thanks for taking me along for the ride!
deb
linens lace and lattes

ana @ iMadeItSo said...

a lot of neat finds. the clock is great. sounds like a great day!

The Elegant Thrifter said...

Goodness! Do you promise to take me shopping when I come to Sioux City?

AngelMc said...

Don't turn your back or that clock will be mine. Enjoyed my visit.

Bargain Hunting Treasure Seeker said...

Enjoyed thrifting with you from my couch! Looks like you got some great treasures too!!! :)

barbara said...

Good times. I was proud of myself for letting you have those recipe boxes. Admirable self restraint, if I do say so myself.

Shelley Germann said...

My heavens, a motherload of goodness! I haven't had a day like this in.....never! Well, that might be a SLIGHT exaggeration. I've hit it at a few auctions, but never thrifting a garage saling!

Those spring rolls look sooo good!

Apron Thrift Girl said...

Oh I love that clock. I've yet to find anything as cool as that. Please feel free to share your finds on my Thrift Share Monday link page.

Tricia said...

WOW! Those are some great finds! I especially love the glasses and the clock,(and the spring rolls:))

Myrna Hynes said...

I love the plate with the pretty flowers!

darkelady said...

Hi. I just wandered into you blog through a link. Just wanted to say I love everything, especially the side of the cake candle holder, the winter scene recipe box,the owls and the jingle bells. I am always on the lookout for bells to hang on my window to catch the breeze.

dogsmom said...

I still say the Elgin clock should be mine. I did see it first.

I never take time to eat in the middle of a thrift day. Always look for a scout or service group having a brat fry or bake sale to hold me over til days end.