10/29/10

All About Me. Me, Me, Me...

The emails I receive at dimestorethrift@aol.com tickle me...It is just as fun to get private emails as it is to get public comments! Many of you ask about little things that trigger conversations between the two of us and I enjoy that so much. The getting-to-know-you part!

I don't have too much to report on today...plans to do some thrifting this morning and then creating this afternoon before the kiddos are back home and we get settled into the weekend.

Here are some of my random thoughts this morning:


*I ran out of high heat hot glue last night. It was sad. I will buy more this morning.

*Bud sorted all my Christmas glass balls into colors for me...we had reds, golds, greens and then a grouping of 'stuff with things on them like swirls'. Not a one was broken!

*I am a bit addicted to Gold Peak unsweetened tea, found by the juices in the dairy case. $2.50 for a large bottle. I pay more than that at Caribou when I just order ONE tea to go, so am good at justifying this purchase when I am at the store.

*Went to a Scentsy party this week. Um, that Central Park Praline scent? Oh, yeah! I bought that and an adorable little night light to warm it in. Seriously had to show restraint.

*Bud will be Obi Wan Kenobi for Halloween this year, Lu will be a Vampire.

*Bud is severely allergic to peanuts. I 'take one for the team' by sorting his candy booty and removing all chocolate with peanuts. It's not easy, but one must do what one must do.

*The studio is a disaster right now. I should be down there. Maybe later.

*Have you seen the blogs with 'what I wore Wednesday'? I am on my 5th day of black turtlenecks and jeans. My winter standards. How funny would that be if I took that picture daily and posted it?

And now that I have shared a whole lotta not-much with you, I am off to take on the day! Enjoy your weekend and we'll talk again Monday!

5 comments:

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Enjoy your weekend! I think I'll go thrifting today! Its been a few days and I'm needing a fix!!

Sue said...

Cute post! I like your list. And I take note of what a good mother you are and eating the peanut-infected candy to protect your son! I can SO relate (though I didn't have a child with peanut allergies). Have a great weekend!

svelteSTUFF said...

You have me confused... isn't a black turtleneck and jeans standard issue Winter apparel for EVERYONE??

Sonya --Dime Store Thrift said...

Linda, can't wait to see what you find!
Sue, one's job as a mother never ends, haha:)
Svelte, WE ARE SOUL SISTERS!!!!

Pam @ Frippery said...

What a fun post. I love me some black turtlenecks! Have a happy Halloween, Pam