10/25/10

Bud, The King Of Art

While I was finding perfect frames for some book pages I am going to be glittering, Bud set up shop next to me at the dining room table.

All of his art supplies came out along with a crown. When I asked about the crown he said "Because I am the Art King, of course!"




So all the framed pages surrounded his area and have been there for the past few weeks. And I am loving that he spends time there each day! It may be for a couple minutes in passing...or for a half hour coloring. Which anyone with a 5 year old boy knows: A half hour engrossed in something besides Star Wars battle, is such a gift.



And it inspires me to create daily as well.

Although I am hesitant to share much of my glitter with him. That stuff gets everywhere!

3 comments:

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

How fun that he crafts with you. Love to see the artistic side of children. Hugs, Marty

The Elegant Thrifter said...

Aw...how cute. I love the title "Art King!" Does that make you the "Art King Mother" or the "Art Queen?"
Stan

Sonya --Dime Store Thrift said...

Hi Marty! I love having the company and seeing his excitement at what he creates.

Stan, I am the Queen of something, that is for sure!