10/13/10

Ch-ch-ch-changes (play kitchen)


Do you remember when I thrifted this?

I thought that color would grow on me. I really, really did! I kept hoping it was a dark olive green. It wasn't. It stayed a weird sage.

So this past weekend, I painted it!

I tossed around orange thinking I would bring it out during the fall. Then I thought about a great red, using it during the holidays. I even contemplated a dark pink! And then realized, it would be best used right now in a matte black. Standing in the corner of the dining room.




And they is always possibility of color change in the future!

4 comments:

Nong Yang said...

It's adorable! All that is needed now is some cute china. :D

Sue said...

You can fix anything with paint! That is a wonderful piece. I agree: needs some china (no, you're not getting my mother's doll dishes, or mine, but they sure would look good).

~~Carol~~ said...

Paint. It's a good thing! It sure is cute, and I agree that all you need are some of those tin children's dish sets or tea sets!

Sonya --Dime Store Thrift said...

Wow...3 of the same suggestions! I think that SOMEONE should send me some cute little dishes, haha!!

I have been using this as a place to drop my purse, stack books and other misc to-do stuff. I think having little dishes on there would be faaaar cuter.