10/12/10

Owls

(Owls have made their way into the kitchen...)


(Giant glass owl filled with treats...)


(Teeny tiny owl treasures...)


When I realized last year that I was getting a wee bit obsessed with Owls, I went through my entire collection and weeded out the ones I did not absolutely love.

And then after Halloween last year, put them away. I mean, lovingly wrapped each one individually in bubble wrap and stored them in a climate controlled space. Hah!

I was worried, at the time, that I was getting a bit overdosed on Owls and all things Owl related. But I still love them! By only bringing them out for the month of October, I appreciate them more.

6 comments:

kibbygirl said...

This is soooo off topic, but I love your enamalware kettle! lol

Sonya --Dime Store Thrift said...

Kibbygirl, Thank You! It was a gift from my parents years and years ago:)

~~Carol~~ said...

I had to go check on your profile to see where you live, because currently there are a whole bunch of owls at my Goodwill, like someone donated their collection! I'm tempted to go back and get a few, maybe spraypaint them black...

Sonya --Dime Store Thrift said...

Carol, do it! DO IT! You go get those lovely owls and give them a coat of paint!

Sue said...

I'm surprised you didn't say "glitter", too! I hope you still have my owls, LOL! Those are really nice, Sonya. I'm trying to do what you did and put things out for a shorter time - you stop even seeing them after awhile otherwise.

Sonya --Dime Store Thrift said...

Sue...ah yes, glittering an owl is a good way to go, too!!