11/16/10

Decorating for Thanksgiving:

In one word? Sparse! As we have all acknowledged before, food seems to take center stage at Thanksgiving. But when I put away all my Halloween decor and it is before the Christmas explosion, SOMETHING has to be put out.

Here are some snapshots from a couple areas:






So as you can see, nothing overstated in any way. At All. That buffet is going to be cleared off entirely and truly used as a buffet this Thanksgiving!

Is there anything specific you put out for Thanksgiving decor? Or do you just jump from October right into Christmas?

4 comments:

Kathie @ Just a Happy Housewife said...

I definitely decorate for Thanksgiving...I just stick to pumpkins, turkeys and anything that says "give thanks."

Sue said...

I managed to miss Halloween decorating altogether and am not planning to do Thanksgiving! But your pictures reminded me of my Mom's Gurley candles - I have those and more and should really get them out!

Barbara at Oodles and Oodles said...

Well, of course I think Gurley candles are the only necessary decoration ... I have a few T'giving things but no time to put them out yet!

Sue said...

Good point! I'll have to see if I can dig them out tonight! Mine were my mother's so extra special form me - she had them for Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas.