11/19/10

The Elf And The Lamp Post

Seriously.

This is the type of treasure that when I find it, I first say (usually out loud) "Why did someone get rid of this??" followed quickly by the curious question of "How has no one BOUGHT this yet?!" followed by refusing to put it down until I am at the checkout.

Not only is there a knee hugging elf, but he is sitting at the base of a LAMP POST! I don't know if I have mentioned it before here, but I have a odd fascination with lamp posts. I think it borders more on obsession? There is just something about the idea of someone walking around London (I am very specific with my obsessions) back in the 1800's, at dusk, lighting corner street lamps! It just does it for me.

And this one also sort of makes me think of the lamp post in Narnia.





Have a great weekend and be sure to scroll down to sign up for my Thanksgiving giveaway with Stan Williams, author of The Find!

8 comments:

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

How cute is this. Love it. The little elf has the cutest face. Hugs, Marty

Linda @ A La Carte said...

That is very cute! So glad he waited for you to save him!

Sue said...

Someone got rid of it and no one picked it up because it was waiting for you!!

Sonya --Dime Store Thrift said...

I think it WAS waiting for me, you are so right!

Mick said...

What a score!

Vonlipi said...

It is breathtakingly tacky but in a good way. I would've grabed it myself! :)

dogsmom said...

Narnia is on tv all week. I will have to watch and think of you when I see a lampost

Daisy said...

I do like the knee-hugging elf! I had one or two of these when I was young. I fear they ended up at a thrift store when my parents sold their house and cleared everything out. I like to imagine they found a home with someone like you who will appreciate their fun and value!