11/12/10

Friday Thrifting

I still love looking at the ads in the paper on Fridays...even though we have a chance of snow and things are looking mighty sparse on the yard sale front, it still gets me all hopped up to make a whirlwind tour of the thrift stores.

I spend quite a bit of this time between now and Christmas torn. I have a lot of Christmas yummies that I can be redoing. Not Hoarder levels, mind you, but a lot. Enough to keep me occupied for the season.

But THIS is the time of year that all the thrift stores bring out THEIR yummies that they have been hoarding--I mean holding on to--until this time of year.

If I don't replenish my goods now, I may not get another chance to until NEXT November.

And that would make me sad.

I have been heading out on specific days to do my 'Christmas' thrifting. I move quickly and steadily through several shops and try to limit it to 2 hours total. If I plan it right, I can visit *5* different places that are all roughly in the same area in under an hour.

And only focusing on Christmas.

These are a couple of the treasures found earlier this week:







Let me know if you find anything cool over the weekend!

Sonya-Dime Store Thrift

7 comments:

Kathy@ Gone North said...

Cool stuff! Will you sell it??
I stopped in at Salvation Army yesterday...looks like Christmas exploded in there :) They HAVE been hoarding :)
And I found another 18" ceramic christmas tree... yippee!!

whitneym said...

Hi Sonya,
I just visited your blog for the first time! I found you through Apron Thrift Girl. You and I are ON THE SAME PAGE, lady! It's a shame I am expected to show up at work today, because that is going to seriously disrupt our visit together this morning, but we can just pick up where we left off later tonight after dinner, OK? While my glue gun is heating up.
Martha on Cape Ann, Massachusetts

Sue said...

My Mom had that blow mold Santa. Did it come with the reindeer? Mom's had a single reindeer, with a metal rod that attached to the Santa piece. I gave it to my niece when Mom moved to assisted living, as she is "in" to Santas and especially one that had been Grandma's. Love all the other stuff, too. Guess I "need" to hit the thrift shops!

Vonlipi said...

OoooH i just love the plastic Santa on his sleigh, it's delicious :)

Ninny said...

My favorite thrift store added another store in the same strip mall and it's all Christmas! Three years worth of Christmas! Sometimes I go twice a week because they're still putting things out. That's where I got the West German hanging ornament I put in my Etsy. Fridays and Saturdays are half price days!!! You would love it! Any chance you're coming to Oklahoma? LOL

Liz

Rachel Knoblich said...

I had a fun day thrifting. I found a box of shiny bright ornaments (12 in the box for 25 cents), a baggy full of little vintage ornaments...some wreaths...going to attempt to make some wreaths like yours. I also found some vintage Santa mugs...the thriftin' was good today!

Sonya --Dime Store Thrift said...

Kathy, they always hoard...and act all noncommital when you ask if there happens to be any Christmas stuff in the storeroon:) Those trees are AWESOME!
Martha, WELCOME! I am so glad you are here and can't wait to get to know you!
Sue, No reindeer, but I bet I could find one at some point.
Vonlipi, I know!!
Ninny, I AM SO JEALOUS!!
Rachel, NICE FINDS!! Great Price!!