11/22/10

Tinsel Tree!






I am LOVING these! Just as thrilling as the big wreaths, but less time commitment. I used a purchased tinsel tree, hot glued the vintage ornaments onto it and then wrapped it in a strand of gorgeous colored lights. And voila! Nearly instant Christmas. And currently for sale at Memory Lane.

The weather outside is rawther frightful today with freezing rain falling all morning...which is going to force me to stay close to home getting a few creative bursts out and adding to the Dime Store Thrift Etsy Store. I am really excited about a couple things that will be listed today!

Don't forget to sign up for THE FIND giveaway by Stan Williams. Winner will be drawn Thursday. Just click along the sidebar on your left or scroll down to get more info.

Enjoy your Monday and I truly hope the weather is better where you are.

Sonya-Dime Store Thrift

7 comments:

Sue said...

VERY nice, Sonya! I can see how much less time is involved here! Still have done nothing with my stuff. I'll be lucky to do one, the way things are looking. But planning ahead for next year...

Shelley said...

Great idea...its wonderful...wishing you a happy Thanksgiving week...

Jane said...

So bright and cheerful!
Jane-Jacksonville

Clear skies & sunshine here today:)

Ninny said...

One more fun idea! Liz needs to get off this computer, get herself dressed and head to Hobby Lobby!!!

Liz

Sonya --Dime Store Thrift said...

Let me know if you get one made, Ladies!

Mick said...

Oh how I wish we had freezing rain! friday it dipped down into the 30's saturday it was balmy in the 50's and then BAM sunday and Monday 81 degrees IN MID NOVEMEBER! haha but thats Texas. Great tree!

dogsmom said...

We are having the chillies and flurries this morning. Beginning to look like that dreary time of year. Those ornaments are HUGE on that tree and yet the overall effect is beautiful. I would never have thought of it.