12/15/10

Christmas Balls...Christmas Balls...

(Post Title needs to be sung to the tune of Silver Bells)

We have talked about this before and will talk about it again...There is nothing that I am truly needing right now and have more than enough items for projects looming. But this is the time of year that Christmas goodies are just screaming to be thrifted. And to not see who is doing that screaming is simply just uncivilized.

So I check the stores to make sure everything is well. Just doing my part.

I heard this box shout at me while I was dropping things off at Memory Lane:






Can those ornaments get any more pink than that?! They are blindingly hot pink. Fabulous!

There were several more boxes of ornaments thrifted that day...one simply for the graphics on the box, the other because the green was an excellent shade of green:





Need to get moving, there is some very faint yoo-hooing coming from the Morningside area this morning and I must see to it.

12 comments:

JunqueMagnet said...

I hear you! And my Goodwill is calling for this afternoon as well. I've got nowhere to put the treasures I've found, not enough time or space to craft them up, and I break out in hives whenever I tell myself that I have enough and don't need to look for more!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

WE must save the balls! Yep!

Peace said...

I am being patient and waiting for half-price day at my fave thrift chain, which is Saturday. To assuage my impatience I'm hitting my fave junk shop Friday when we go to xmas shop with my daughter. :O) I hope the crowds are out buying expensive new technology and leave the yummy old stuff to me.

AuntLou said...

Bee you tea full boxes!!

Sue said...

Nice find! When I was at the thrift store yesterday, it looked like the same stuff that's been there for weeks, minus the Christmas balls I snapped up weeks ago! I did pick up 2 great finds, sled for my baby grandson and felt and sequins Snoopy kit for me!

Maybe I should go farther afield, but the other stores just don't have much of what I'm looking for (though you never know...)

Shelley Germann said...

I haven't thrifted a single Christmas item this season! There has been nothing but new stuff at the shops. It's a bit distressing, but I keep trying! I need to find some new haunts.

Good score on the balls though! I would have bought it just for the box (and did, this very box...once!)

The Thriftress said...

You are still finding amazing stuff! I didn't have luck today but that's not stopping me! I always need more vintage Christmas.
Sarah

Shelley said...

I love the old vintage Christmas balls...you found some nice ones...I love the boxes too....blessings.

Pam @ Frippery said...

I completely understand. There are just some shiny things that we NEED regardless of how many we may already have. It's a sickness, a delightful sickness. BTW I received my signed copy of the Find from Stan. Thank you thank you thank you! I love it!!! Pam

Daisy said...

Those are lovely balls! Any tree that sports them will be gorgeous and festive.

Diamond Events by Tiffany said...

OMG the pink IS fabulous. I found some, my first 2 boxes of shiny brites, this week...but they were red and green. Most everything I have is pink so red and green will not go....I did not know there were pink ones...I MUST find these. LOL.

Tiffany

peggierusso said...

Love old Christmas balls.