2/26/11

Endings and Beginnings

After the whole illness in January, I decided to get more focused in several areas of my life. I wanted to simplify many things that had just become ways that frittered my time away. Have you ever felt that way?

I wanted to spend more time with the kids and Hubby...I wanted to be truly in-the-moment with Bud when he is telling me how atoms are split and how to help birth a whale. Seriously. He is a middle aged scientist in a small 6 year old body. It is frightening.
I knew I wanted to keep Dime Store Thrift. And I wanted to really see what I could do with Dime Store Thrift On Etsy if I focused my energies.

So I decided to close my booth at Memory Lane for the Spring and Summer months. I have loaded that baby up the past few weeks and things have been moving out the door, which is a great feeling! I am going to miss my friends there, but will be shopping there often finding treasures for the Etsy shop. Think I put up enough signs saying the booth was closing and everything is 40% off??

Monday afternoon I will be there moving out. Hopefully there will only be a few things left! There are several things (if they are still there) that I have earmarked to be moved right on over to Etsy and a few things that will come back to live with me because I still loooooove them...and a few things that will get donated.

And I feel at peace with the whole decision.

Enjoy your weekend!
Sonya

7 comments:

Life Goes On said...

If those recipe boxes are full of old recipes they may sell on eBay and eBay is having a deal right now on free listing fees.

Niece said...

So wish I was closer.....I see so many things I would love! Can't wait to see what you put in your Etsy Store!

Zootsuitmama said...

I had to close my shop for the very same reason, plus it was sooo expensive. Sad, but, time is more important to me right now. I'll check out your etsy!

Marilyn said...

I always wanted to have a space in a mall but have come to the realization that it would be to much work keeping it full. Plus I work full time. Now I'm thinking of Etsy so I will be wondering how it is going for you.
Good Luck!

Jackie said...

Best of luck to you. I'm in the process of opening two virtual shops myself, one on Etsy and one directly on the blog. Hopefully we'll all have some fun with it!

Wanda @ Just Vintage said...

Good for you! Most of spread ourselves too thin. It's good for us to evaluate where our priorities should be. I've done the same thing as you. Closed a booth - or two - to put my focus elsewhere. And I always go back to "live" selling in some form eventually. Good luck with your Etsy store! I'm sure you'll do well.

DFWgirliegirl Housewife said...

Oh I wish I lived closer...I would snatch up those Ragedy Anne and Andy thingies fast. They are so cute. I have this plan for my baby's room to be in that theme...when I have one, that it. LOL.

Tiffany