2/15/11

It's Real Simple



There is a wonderful retired couple that I have gotten to know from Memory Lane. I had the pleasure of spending the morning with them last Friday at their beautiful turn of the century home...sipping coffee, looking at their artwork, hearing about their antique treasures. Such an enjoyable visit! They've been going through a de-cluttering phase the past few weeks and had asked me ahead of time if I would be interested in C's collection of Real Simple magazines that she was ready to part with and he was about to toss in the recycling bins. You know how much I enjoy a magazine! Of Course I will take them!

I have been absolutely wallowing in 7 years worth of Real Simple for the past few days. They are spread out through the house...in every room, in the car...everywhere! Decadent! I get to rip out articles and pictures! It has been such an enjoyable treat.

The rest of this week is going to be spent getting Lu ready for the play Thursday and Friday. Picture me making 700 rice krispie bars. Yesterday I grabbed my two bff's and we made cotton candy at the school as a fundraiser. Have you made this before? The closest I have gotten to a cotten candy machine is at the circus. We can now cross that off our bucket list. Both of my girlfriends were all over that when I called to see if they could help. (Girlfriends who are willing to get covered in flying sticky pink spun sugar while an industrial fan is on them so the fire alarms do not get set off evacuating 900 middle schoolers are priceless.) I truly wish you could have seen it, it was hysterical! But those photo's will NOT be surfacing here.

I have an image to uphold.

4 comments:

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Oh how wonderful to have all those magazine to look at. The cotton candy sounds like tons of fun. Hugs, marty

Jane said...

I can just picture that cotton candy flying around! Have done snow cones, but not cotton candy :)
Love Real Simple magazine! What fun for you to have that stash!
Jane-Jacksonville

Bargain Hunting Treasure Seeker said...

What fun to get all of those magazines!! I've made cotton candy many times for church activities and it is a really sticky messy job-but you're every kid's favorite person while you're making it!! Tell Lu to "Break a Leg" (good luck) for Thursday and Friday-looking forward to hearing how it all turns out! Don't forget to post pictures!!! :)

Teresa - in the Middle Side of Life said...

wow! great magazine to inherit.