2/23/11

New Thrifting Obsession






Bet you never saw this one coming! I LOVE clip on earrings. Love Them! When I was a wee freshman in high school, I had several pair that I acquired from my Mother that would have looked darling on an elderly lady. But, that trend came and went long before my sophomore year and I never looked back.

Until now.

You always tell me but I always forget that Goodwill has a wonderful treasure trove of old jewelry. And with these two pairs, I have a whole new thrifting obsession.

As you well know, it begins that quickly.

This little gem was also in the box I was digging through and will be making her way to Etsy:

8 comments:

kate said...

hope you don't mind but I liked this post so much I used your idea and highlighted some of my own thrifted jewelry...i linked to your post on my blog to give your idea the credit...but if you prefer i'd remove the link, i certainly will!...

Wanda @ Just Vintage said...

What a Dahlin' Ding Dong Dolly! LOL
I keep hanging onto clip on earrings hoping to one day be a fabulous repurposed jewelry maker. Earrings and pins are almost irresistible.

DFWgirliegirl Housewife said...

I wish you Ding Dong Dolly was from Dallas...then I would buy it from you. LOL. She is too cute. Love the earrings, too.

Sonya --Dime Store Thrift said...

Kate, I am honored, thank you for telling me!

Wanda, what a great plan!

DFW, isn't she adorable??

Niece said...

Oh you would have had fun where I was today! I went to a weekly auction in Shipshewanna, Indiana.....one dealer had plates and plates of old jewelry, lots of clip-ons.....they were selling plates full (your choice) for $5.00! I love the vintage clip-ons, but they hurt my ears.

The Thriftaholic (Leilani) said...

I'm completely obsessed with vintage jewelry, it's definitely gotten out of control in the past couple of years. It's pretty easy to find vintage clip ons as a lot of people pass them over at the thrift so you're in luck! I actually have a near identical pair to the second pair of earrings you posted. Nice finds!

Ninny said...

I have a pair of crystal bead earrings just like the ones in the second photo. They had belonged to my mother and I had them in my etsy shop, but they never sold. So pretty aren't they?!!!

Liz

grunge-queen said...

Sonya, I'm addicted to thrift, as you know, but vintage costume bling takes the cake!! Never get tired og looking for inexpensive bling ....