3/23/11

Clippings here...Clippings there...





Yesterday was too dark to take pictures for the shop but I am still in organizing mode and need to continue making progress toward my studio mess. So plopped myself on the ground in the basement with my stack of magazine clippings and started sorting.

That cat was ZERO help at all. As a matter of fact when I left the room for a few minutes she tried to do some 'rearranging' and is lucky to be out and about.

After I sort all these millions and millions of clippings, I want to get rid of ones that are of no interest anymore. I've been trying to take a quick look at them as I sort and have recycled a good amount, but truly want to weed through one more time for good measure.

Are you a ripper-outer?

8 comments:

Wanda @ Just Vintage said...

Oh, yes. I am a ripper-outer. Good to see I'm in good company. I've got a whole, big drawer full. I need to do the same thing you're doing and threaten to do it at least once a week, but instead the pile grows and gets more unorganized. And I agree. Those darn cats! They try, but they're just no help at all!

Sonya --Dime Store Thrift said...

It is QUITE a project! And seriously...you would have thought that there was a very interesting hamster under the clippings the way she was shuffling everything! (there wasn't, haha)

Jackie said...

Whew, I'm not the only clipper on here. I have a media clipping journal for stories and ideas that I find fascinating. One strictly for gender disparities and social injustices (kind of a social experiment I'm conducting) and a fashions journal. I actually plan on scanning some fashion pages. I kind of use it as my own thrift wish list...to make affordable versions of a certain look that I like. So much fun!

Sue said...

I do that, too. I guess it's time to sort mine. Actually, need to go through the whole darn file cabinet!

Love your "helper"! I have 2 "helpers", myself!

Susan B said...

I'm a ripper - rather keep the one good article instead of the whole magazine. I have help like that, too. Cats are especially helpful when you are trying to quilt...

Sue said...

Or knit...

I swear Tiger can hear when I unfold a quilt and drape it on my lap to start quilting. I have to make sure to leave enough room for him to nest in or I won't be able to quilt at all.

Passionate Thrifter said...

OMG I am SOOOOOO a ripper outer!!!! Recipes, interesting articles... I have papers all over my place!!! I'm glad to finally see that I'm not the only crazy person!!!

The Joyful Thrifter said...

ABSOLUTLEY I AM!!! I actually am working on a post that shows what I do with my rippings.

Smiles,
The Joyful Thrifter