3/18/11

Guess What I Thrifted?!






I think this landed in my hands due to the sheer volume of items I have been donating the past few weeks. Thrift Karma is real, my friend.

Too bad my friends are all past the point of having more babies. Would this not make a fabulous shower center piece?!

If I still had my booth at Memory Lane, I would SO be using this for display purposes. Since I do not have my booth, this will be showing up on Etsy. Ahem. At some point.

You would've been proud of me, however...yesterday I spent a fair amount of time measuring items and bringing them into the dining room for their photo shoots. I didn't care too much for the pictures so will be doing another photo shoot and listing this afternoon.

8 comments:

Vintage Gal said...

What an adorable baby scale~ great find ~ can't wait to see what you do with it ;-)

Kathy@ Gone North said...

Way too cute!!
Pretty sure I had that exact one & pretty sure that it went in the trash...who knew 30 yrs. ago, it would be so thrilling to find one...??? : )

Heidi said...

I thrifted one just like it! Like you, I had visions of using it for display in my baby son's room, but I never had a place for it. I ended up selling it on Craigslist, and I thought I was pretty clever because I listed it on the photography board (rather than the antique board) as a prop for a baby photographer. Sold right away, and I made a profit! :) Just in case you decide to part with yours someday.

Teresa - in the Middle Side of Life said...

my daughter is having a baby. i'd love to score this for her. if you decide to sell, can we talk??? it may be out of my budget but doesn't hurt to ask about it.

Mary said...

LOVE it! My previous family doctor actually used a vintage scale like this (simalar) to weigh newborns rather than the new scale systems doctors have in their practices. He called himself an old town family doctor. (he was about 55) and he practiced as such. again LOVE your find!

Anonymous said...

just perfect for displaying a beautifully dressed baby doll

mommypie said...

Good grief. I just found your blog by looking at the comments on Cold Antler Farm and was intrigued by your name. I can see right now that regular reading of your posts will be dangerous--I only looked at this one and I want to go out to a thrift store RIGHT NOW. (My new mantra--remember to thrift in basement first.)

Mary said...

My brother is ten years older than I am, and I remember Mother weighing him on this very sort of scale. I think his had a stork pictured on it somewhere... Very nice piece.