3/21/11

Over The Weekend and Into Monday Morning...

First of all, I want to give myself a big Woot!Woot! for continuing to get things ready for Etsy!

There are a ton of things that have been measured (seriously. how tedious is measuring? It cannot be just me who feels this way.) and are now ready for their close ups. I am realizing I need a specific area for taking all of my pictures that is well lit with either natural or mimicked sunlight. I thought about making a light box, but...think I want something, I don't know, more sturdy? Have you made one of these before? Yes? No?

Lu and I went to her first 'real' concert Saturday night:






Sugarland at the Tyson Event Center! Lu has been singing their songs around the house the past few months so thought this would be a fun introduction into the concert night life. And it was!

Also went to the Spring Craft Show with one my Girlfriends and found THESE:





This is what we'll use for the kids' Easter Baskets! Squeeeeeee! I thought this was a novel idea. I have seen these here and there on the Internet, but had NOT seen them using Children's Albums. The only thing I wish was that they were older and more beat up. When I look at these they are nearly pristine which makes me wish I could play them on our old stereo. LOVE listening to albums.

So that was the weekend in a nutshell and now today will be spent running errands and figuring out the whole Etsy photo area.

Enjoy Your Day!

6 comments:

Kathy@ Gone North said...

Lucky, Lucky Lu... & You!!
Sugarland was here a few weeks ago & we were unable to go.. sure that it was fun for her...
Cute record basket idea... How do they do that?? Wait.. I don't want to know... do not need another project.. : )

Into Vintage said...

My 'light box' is a corner of my dining room with north and west facing windows -- most of my etsy items are a little too big for a light box. And I agree about the measuring (and weighing). Zzzzz :-)

Ninny said...

I have never used a light box, but that's an idea. When you figure it out, let me know how you did it. Right now the best I've got is my bathroom windowsill. Not very professional, I know, but the light is awesome! I do so admire those professional photos on Etsy and have noticed that the only items that make the front page on Etsy are the ones with professional and artistic photography. Well, can't afford THAT, and I'm pretty amateur myself, so guess I'll just stick with the best I've got.

Good luck with sales!

Liz

Wanda @ Just Vintage said...

Sonya, I invested in a light "tent" a few years ago. Got it off eBay complete with little tripod lamps. I've loved it, but also like to stage things - which is a lot more trouble. :-( Anyway, depending on the item and time, I'll either use the tent or take the item home, where there's a lot of good, natural light, or use one of the rooms at the shop that has good, natural light. One thing you can do for jewelry is use an opaque, white, plastic bowl, cut a round hole in the bottom that your camera lens will fit into and take it outside in the daylight. That works really well.

Anonymous said...

When I was a kid (I'm now 64) these bowls made from old 78 rpm records were a popular craft. You plunged the record into boiling water to soften it, then bent it into whatever shape you wanted and let it cool. I guess you could still do it with old 78's if you could find them.....

peggierusso said...

Love the paper spindle. Brings back so many good memories. We had them in the bank worked in years ago. Would love to find one.